“Great sandwiches, unfriendly, inappreciative owner”
Review of Flat Iron Deli and Grill - CLOSED

Flat Iron Deli and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love Flat Iron Deli sandwiches...there's no two ways about it, their deli reuben could be the best sandwich in Petoskey. Unfortunately, I think today's lunch was probably my last at Flat Iron. I've been eating Flat Iron sandwiches for the better part of 20 years and my only complaint has always been the negative attitude of the owner, Mona. I try to be friendly and cheerful, but without exception, am always met with a frown and negativity. Other posters have hit the nail right on the head, saying that she acts like selling you a sandwich is doing you a favor. With so many other wonderful food options in Petoskey, I've decided I'm going to give my money to small business owners who appreciate my business.

1  Thank deadheadcouple

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ordered the Italian sandwich and it was fine. Bread was especially good, but meat on sandwich could have improved for the $7.95 price tag. We were hungry so that sandwich was better then average. Small shop with limited seating overall. Clean and neat with the elderly lady running everything nearly alone. She was pleasant to us, asked about the food, and invited us back as we departed. Suitable place to grap a quick lunch.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a sandwich and did not feel like I was very welcome at all. I actually felt like I was interrupting the staff in personal conversation. It was very pricey and did not get enough meat on the sandwich, but the bread was good. Prices were too high and I did not even get a bag for my 4 sandwiches and soup. The girl asked did I want crackers with my soup, i replied yes and did.not receive them.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The lady greeted us but it stopped there. She walked into the back room and started yelling to someone and it wasn't very nice. She told them to hurry and get these people out of here. So we took our order to go. Soup was ok sandwich was good.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ordered a club and a blt sandwitch. Very good and good value. Ate them at picnic tables outside as there was not eating area inside.