“Bland Fast food like”

Thai Orchid Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Petoskey, Michigan
“Bland Fast food like”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It came on a plastic tray, probably the one it comes from on the tv dinner tray. it was so bland I felt like I was eating a uncle bens rice bag with steamed vegetables that were then boiled and had no flavor or nutrients left. It was kind of expensive too. I will say it is better than the other oriental restaurants in Petoskey. Only because the ingredients seem more quality , but they are not flavorful. Still all in all if You have to get oriental in Petoskey , this is as good as it gets. Personally I will drive to Boyne City and have lunch there before eating here.

Visited July 2013

“Wow! I can't believe this restaurant is located in Petoskey Michigan.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This was an amazing experience for my family of 4. Delicious food, great service, and an amazing ambiance. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and we'll visit there again before we leave.

Chicago
“Authentic food and service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We came during a weekday lunch and had to wait a few minutes for a table. Once seated, we had excellent service. Food is very good with many menu choices , even at lunch. I look forward to visiting again.

• Visited June 2013
“Good Flavor, Fresh, Excellent Service, Will Return”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoy Asian food, especially Thai.

While walking down the sidewalk in downtown Petoskey, I heard two couples talking about going back to the Thai restaurant they have enjoyed so much. They were from Lansing and have visited Thai Orchid on a few occasions. They shared how much they enjoyed the restaurant, so my wife and I followed them to the restaurant.

I started with the spring rolls. They were very good. Noodles, cabbage, carrots in a fried roll with a sweet sauce. Not bad.

My wife had the Tum Yum Talay soup and enjoyed it very much. I had a taste that included a large scallop. It tasted like Yum Yum soup. I love lemon grass along with the other flavors and fresh seafood. It was nice.

My wife had the Pad Talay for dinner over rice and thought it was delicious. Shrimp, scallops, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and bell peppers in a fish based curry sauce. Very nice.

I had the Panang Red Curry chicken. It was delicious. Large chunks of chicken, lots of red and green peppers with the Panang Curry sauce over rice.

The service was excellent. It was a good experience and I would return again.

Gaylord, Michigan
“sad to say this trip was an exception”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

almost always this is a great place to eat. The last vist the 2 entres,Pad thai, and noodles were overly salty with thick gravy, not nearly what we have come to expect, which is light, filled with flavor, and so fresh with lots of vegetables

We will try again and hope things return to normal.

• Visited April 2013