“Authentic food, but dont expect much for service.”

Thai Orchid Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stopped by after seeing how well it rated. The food was pretty good, but the staff was not very friendly-- our waitress seemed annoyed to have to serve us.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Best Thai food for 100s of miles. Very authentic with good variety of dishes.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

My Wife and I agreed that we have never had better Thai food than Thai Orchid. We recommened getting the crispy rolls. When we return t o Petoskey we will be making this our first stop for food.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Went for a weekend up north and it was nice to find a good Thai restaurant up north! We had the Thai Orchid Pad Thai and it was great and a veggie dish with chicken...both were excellent. We also had the fresh rolls and they were great too. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for good Thai food in Petoskey. Plus the place is cute, decorations are nice and calming, and the service was good too. If I would definitely frequent the restaurant if I lived up north.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My colleague and I walked around downtown Petoskey for about 1/2 hour, reading the various menus posted in front of restaurants, trying to decide on a Friday night dinner.
I very much enjoy Thai food so leaned heavily toward trying Thai Orchid when we happened upon it. The restaurant was full of people so we entered, hoping that the wait wouldn't be long - we were shown right to the only empty table, but the service seemed to be efficient so the turnover was quick and I didn't see any other dining parties waiting more than a minute or two to be seated.
The menu was quite wide-ranging and the prices were very good, especially in comparison to the other restaurants which we saw open on this Friday evening.
I ordered a soup and it came right out and was DELICIOUS! I cannot fully remember the name (many Thai dish names, aside from the standards, don't stick in my head!) but it was one without coconut milk. They did not skimp on the solid ingredients and the flavor was wonderful.
I also ordered one of the curries, with tofu as the protein, and it too was delightful. My colleague ordered a duck specialty, also in the form of a curry, and he relished it.
A very nice touch is that they also offer brown rice as an option. I'm not talking fried rice (although that, too, is on the menu in various forms), but rather the whole-grain version of rice. Sure, I like white rice, but if brown rice is an option (which I've found to be fairly rare), I'm going to take it. Although the place was packed the service was quick and thorough.
I can highly recommend Thai Orchid and am very much looking forward to returning in the coming days.

1  Thank KYknowitall