“If you're hungry, this is the place. Nothing fancy, but very tasty.”
Review of Roast & Toast

Roast & Toast
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Petoskey
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
MI
“If you're hungry, this is the place. Nothing fancy, but very tasty.”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We were there recently for lunch and it was busy, but not crazy. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but even better the sandwiches and soup were fantastic. I had the avocado blt on veggie bread, I should have ordered six, and then I could have eaten them for the rest of the day : ) I also had a bowl of potato veggie chowder, it was great, but in my opinion, it needed some bacon crumbled up in it. He had the chicken cordon bleu and it disappeared very quickly, which is a great sign. It does have kind of a quirky feel to it, but I thought it made it feel comfortable and welcoming. To each his own. I'm tired of snotty and pretentious, where the staff all acts like their doing you a favor by being there. This was a pleasant surprise and we'll be sure to go back every time were in the area.

Chicago
“Great place for coffee and lunch/breakfast”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

A simple coffee shop has been transformed into a tasty little bistro where the hippie staff are friendly and prepare good food and reasonable prices. Their daily soups specials are always popular, but their sandwiches and salds are good too. Eat inside or on their back patio, this place is reasonably prices and tasty. It does get busy so dont be surprised if there is a line as people come for both coffee and the cuisine. The coffee isn't stellar but you have your options from drip to lattes and it always beats Starbucks. R&T is an institution and is deserving of its place in Petoskey!

Gaylord, Michigan
“Wonderful sandwich, bustling place”
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We've only eaten lunch their so can't vouch for breakfast or dinner. We really enjoy their sandwiches. Quite a variety on good, crusty bread. I had the avacado veggie on sour dough bread. My husband had a ham and cheese and they were both tasty with very fresh ingredients.. Cute place, nice atmosphere. Very good coffee, you can buy bulk to go. We try to get here when we're in town.

Pennsylvania
“Good stop for lunch downtown”
Reviewed December 11, 2008

This is a good casual choice for it's soup/salad/sandwich offerings and tasty coffee drinks. You order at the counter and pick it up when your name is called. What I really enjoy here is the soup - they have a selection of four each day and I haven't met a single one I didn't like. The sandwiches are good -there are plenty of choices- the bread is a little soft/doughy for my taste, but they do well with the fillings (love the deli sauce). I also like their breakfast wraps - a hearty on-the-go option. The vibe is a little too hipster for me, and it is quite busy at lunch, so I often get my food to go.