“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”

Thu, 10/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Petoskey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Petoskey, Chandler's - A Restaurant is a cozy and inviting place nestled behind Symons General Store. Chef Tommy creatively crafts seasonal menus and daily specials which offer a delightful selection of local fare, fresh fish, sushi and entrees prepared to perfection. We also proudly feature an extensive wine list and fun and unique cocktails such as the "Howard Street Punch" and "Awesome Coffee", that is sure to please any palate. For a change of scenery, guests can enjoy dining in our Wine Cellar where they are surrounded by the 4,000 bottle collection that serves both Chandler's and Symons General Store. Our Wine Cellar seats up to 54 guests and is available for private parties and special events. Enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday evening and in the summertime, dine on our outdoor patio and enjoy evening, live music every night of the week.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Chandler's was absolutely A+ amazing! Came here for a best friends wedding rehearsal dinner and it completely knocked my socks off. I am from the NYC metro area and experience fine dining on the regular. This is right at the top of my list. The wine pairing dinner was one of the best I've ever experienced. The wine selection was perfect for my palate. If you only have one night in Petoskey, this is a must stop! The wine cellar is the perfect atmosphere for a date night dinner if it's available. Well done, Chandler's!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (427)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don’t get me wrong, the food at a $$$ restaurant is vitally important, but I would also expect for the $$$ to have staff that cared about my comfort and accuracy on my bill.
We arrived at Chandlers promptly at 7:30 and were “pointed” to our table for 5 which was located in a high traffic area between other tables and patrons on bar stools. Immediately concerned about my comfort during the meal, I walked up to the hostess station to inform her that I didn’t enjoy sitting at my table with the bottoms of the bar patrons and their guests literally on the back of my head as they stood talking. And neither did I enjoy having the staff excuse themselves constantly as they passed between me and the bar on there way to and from the kitchen. I asked if we could be moved and she clearly stated that the other tables were reserved. I informed her that I had made the reservation over two weeks ago, which didn’t seem to faze her at all and she stood firm in dismissing my request. When I asked if the table could be moved over slightly out of the high traffic pattern she said no and that she would try to push the barstools in when the bar patrons left. Which had me wondering what I would do if someone else decided to sit there. It wasn’t a great start to the evening.

We decided to make the most of it. The food, the halibut in particular,was really, really good. Our waitress was attentive.

However, when we got the bill, the halibut, which was listed on the menu at $41 per meal, (4 of the 5 of us ordered it) was rung up at $43 per meal. The waitress acknowledged the mistake when We pointed it out to her. She acted perplexed that this could happen. She said that the system must ringing it up incorrectly, which I can believe, but which has me wondering how many other patrons had paid two dollars per meal more than they needed to.

Over all the food was very good, but I wouldn’t go back. I didn’t feel like they really cared about us, but were happy to take our money...even more than we really owed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our special night out, and Chandler's came highly recommended. We had reservations (good idea) but we were squashed into a tiny two top table in a packed, loud restaurant. It wasn't romantic, that's for sure. The food was very good and the service was, too. My wife ordered the fish of the day and I had the duck pasta and a Caesar salad. Both were tasty. Next time we'll ask to sit in the "wine room" next door, which is way nicer. Prices were high but that's what you get with quality food. I would come back for sure.

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by for lunch on the patio. It was a comfortable and nice atmosphere. I ordered the burger, which was really good. My husband ordered the walleye, which was really fresh. Our waiter was friendly and talked to us about the area and other places to visit.

1  Thank aflanagan3
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

We had a great time here! The walleye was fantastic! Service was wonderful and the location is right off the Main Street, tucked in and very quant. We also had a Cobb salad, the chicken on it was really good. Will return when in town again!

Date of visit: August 2019