“The Great Reviews aren't fake”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentwater
Hexagon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Pentwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I took a last minute trip to Lake Michigan and I really couldn't find any place to stay as they were all full. After a lengthy search, I found the Hexagon had a couple of rooms available. Upon reviewing the TRIPADVISOR critiques, I was very concerned that alot of the critiques sounded similar and that, maybe, the Hexagon was padding their comments. I found out I was dead wrong. Upon calling, the "Garden" room was recommended by the caretaker.

The Hexagon is located about 1/2 to 3/4 miles from downtown Pentwater.

I arrived at 830 at night, 90 minutes after normal check-in time ends. I was warmly greeted, shown around the premises, (which was gorgeously appointed and spotlessly clean). After being shown to my room, I found it to be fantastic (though no tv is available, only dvd's). The fabulous wood plank floor was something that I wish I had in my house. The bathroom was spacious, outrageously clean and shined. However, storage was a bit tight as they placed all the "fru-fru" items on the stand and there's little room for my stuff. The bed was very comfortable and the room had ample storage for short stays. At night, the room got a bit warm, and I had to open the door and turn on the floor fan. No ceiling fans there.

I arrived late for breakfast (nearly 90 minutes after breakfast ended) and the caretaker was there ready to serve a hot "puffy pancake" with fruit cup that was extremely good.

Overall, I don't understand why this place had ANY open rooms. The cost of the room ($185 per night) was a bit high, but well worth it. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OUILEY

Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four wonderful days in July. When we arrived, the hosts, Tom and Amy, instantly made us feel at home and continued to do so for the rest of our stay. The B & B itself is amazing. We sat on the the upper balcony one evening and just enjoyed the quiet (well, there were fireworks going off in the distance!) And the breakfasts: oh my goodness, they were all divine! We ate each of our breakfasts outside each morning and it was just lovely. Pentwater is a quaint little town with something for everyone. I highly recommend Hexagon House; it's the best B & B we've ever stayed in with the most gracious hosts we've ever had! We hope to be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaufma22
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Everything about Hexagon House is wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and immaculate as is the B and B itself. We did not get to meet Tom, but Amy and her mother Dorothy were charming hostesses. We would go back with a moments notice. Probably our favorite B and B ever!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I can't say enough about what a wonderful place the Hexagon House is! The house and grounds are beautiful, but what really makes it special are Innkeepers Amy and Tom. They are so caring and attentive to every little detail! Breakfasts were delicious, served on the wraparound porch to soft music... a perfect way to start each morning. The room was beautiful, the bed was comfy, and everything was perfect! If you're planning to visit Pentwater, don't miss it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Had a wonderful time at the Hexagon house - was there with my sisters, mom, and aunt. Breakfast each morning was a culinary delight and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. Tom and Amy are great hosts - Tom you did a great job on the dishes (haha). Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Amy took care of every detail, including recommending wonderful things to do during our stay. Our breakfast, served on the sunny porch, was delicious, the room was so comfy and beautiful, and sitting by the fire was heavenly. A wonderful place to stay -- quite unique, warm, and welcoming!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We have stayed in multiple B&B's across the country, especially in California, and they have nothing on this gem on the Lake Michigan coast. Tom & Amy, the innkeepers are kind, gracious and the best host & hostess we've ever stayed with. The Cottage Rose room is a luxury suite beyond compare. We highly recommend you make Pentwater your destination...just for the Hexagon House! However, there's lots to see and do year round. The Pentwater Pathway is a Cross Country ski area by winter and an awesome hiking area when there is no snow. Miles of trails. You are walking distance to Lake Michigan and easy driving distance to multiple state parks. Shopping in Ludington (and Pentwater!)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentwater
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington
#2 of 11 in Pentwater
Summers Inn Ludington
Summers Inn Ludington
#1 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Hexagon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!