“Wonderful Place To Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentwater
Hill & Hollow Campground
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Place To Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

First of all, I am nearly positive that all of the negative reviews on this page are from people who disobey simple and common courtesy. We camped this past "Homecoming" weekend and had a blast! That is saying a lot considering we stayed in a pop-up and the nights were freezing cold!

The grounds were well maintained and there were tons of artistic touches all over the park- murals, wild colored painted fences and pieces of art hidden all over the place.

One morning had breakfast at the cafe at the same time as the owners. They were nice people- laughing and telling my son and I stories about night time security around the park. You wouldn't even imagine some of the stuff that they have to deal with- drunks, people skinny dipping in the pool, crowding of facilities due to too many guests sneaking in...etc. They run a tight ship!

You would be amazed how many smiling faces I saw at the park this past weekend. My family left Pentwater knowing that we will come back soon and it will definitely be at this campground.

The only negative thing that happened was when a raccoon pried open our cooler and ate our deli meat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Larry I

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portage, MIchigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had not been there in a couple years but everything is still great. We had graduated from a pop up camper to a travel trailer so I asked for a pull through site to make set up easy. The site was very large and had plenty of room for trailer, vehicle and more. Each site was very level and had full hook up. Each site was nicely separated by trees and landscape for privacy as well.
They have one of the biggest pools I have ever seen at a campground along with a large pool deck with plenty of tables and chairs. Clean bathrooms and nice showers continue to be one of their strong points as before.

Plenty of things to do on site plus A J's Entertainment complex right next door. Great mini golf course, go kart track, arcade and ice cream.

Definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pevk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Do not stay at Hill and Hollow campground. The owner is extemely rude, the staff is arrogant and unhelpful, and the park facilities are dirty and unkept. I have no idea how they stay in business.

My kids were very disappointed when we were told quiet time starts at 10pm and campfires must be put out. It appears the park caters to some older seasonal campers that go to bed early.

Read the other reviews and don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank JDHutch14
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

For booking on the last minute notice we had a great site. We were right behind the cafe, had a wonderful breakfast there. The pool, showers, bathroom where very clean and I am very picky and a clean freak!!!!!!!! City is 5 minutes away, with lots of little cute shops and a wonderful Italian Grocery store. We did not have any problems with the campground owners or workers, they were
all very friendly and accomodating. I will be making reservations for next year. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank campingfun1954
Hudsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at this campground for many years in spite of the not so friendly owners. There are a couple of people on the staff who are friendly, but they are outnumbered greatly. I think the owners have forgotten about good old customer service and quite frankly I don't think they really care.

This was our 6th year of staying here and each time the owners get crankier. I think their reputation is hurting them as this year was the emptiest we have ever seen it. The location is outstanding as we love Pentwater and they do a great job of keeping the grounds clean. Too bad the owners don't care about customer service. We won't be returning......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Joe P
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I are in our 20's and we went to stay a few nights at Hill and Hollow with my extended family. The reservations were in a family member's name and we did not have all of the information we probably needed, but we pulled into the campground late at night (11pm?) and called my parents for directions to the site.

As we were driving to the site we were stopped, and questioned like criminals! We told them where we were staying and they had to look it up before they would let us continue to the site. When we found out it would be an additional $80 to stay in my parent's tent site for the extended weekend (4 nights - and they had already paid $160 for the site, this was the extra adult charge), we immediately asked if we could figure it out in the morning, as we were a bit confused (thought it was paid for) and extremely tired from a long day of work and then driving.

They insisted that this was their policy, although due to family making the arrangements I'm not sure if they had stated this or not. We paid the $80 (A LOT of money to stay on my parent's site IMO) and went on our way without so much as a smile or thank you from the staff.

Upon using the campground, we found we were even less pleased with the facilities. The wifi was horrible. My uncle needed to do some work from his laptop (one of the reasons my family had booked here!!) and he was completely unable to get anything done.

We also were pretty dissatisfied with the site. It was small, steep and nearly impossible to put a tent, or anything else, on it.

The least this place could do would be nice to their customers. Especially ones that are JUST ARRIVING!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank HMoose2012
pentwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We are seasonal campers at this campground. I find the staff to be extremely friendly, helpful, very NICE! The grounds are in perfect shape. The restrooms are cleaner than mine at home. I read some of the reviews that others wrote. The 1 about the young girl who had a terrible review for this campground made me chuckle. I was in my camp the night these girls were loud, partying,etc.. The fact that they had a bad time there, was of their own doing. For the typically normal family that wants a nice get away THIS IS YOUR CAMPGROUND!

Cathy Burmeister

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cathy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentwater
Nader's Lakeshore Motor Lodge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington
Snyder's Shoreline Inn
Snyder's Shoreline Inn
#12 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Hill & Hollow Campground? Share your experiences!