“Perfect Vacation!”
Review of Pines Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentwater
Pines Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Pentwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Pentwater is beautiful! We had a wonderful, relaxing time, and I wished I could stay longer! It is a vacation location that is touristy if you want, and secluded at the same time. Loved the cabin-like feel of the rooms and setting. I agree with ALL that is written by "TravelFun" and "MrsBug." Thank you Pines Motel for your part in making our vacation perfect!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 34cas

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Pines Motel in Pentwater and totally loved it! Our room was tidy and clean, with a kitchen sink, microwave and a mini fridge. Quiet night-time surroundings and comfy bed led to a good night's sleep. We already are planning to come back on a future vacation. The motel is a very short car ride to the clean,sandy Lake Michigan beach. Others would say it's close enough to walk or ride a bike. The town of Pentwater is scenic and loaded with places to eat, drink, and shop for souvenirs and stuff you need. One night musicians gave a free concert in a little city park overlooking the Lake. We loved the beach, and the Pines Motel is wonderful and close.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank TravelFun65201
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I don't understand the treatment I received today over the phone from this "business owner". I called to cancel a reservation and to discuss setting a new date, and was abruptly hung up on after the owner uttered two words in response to my first question. "You're cancelled" was all he said. I'm cancelled all right. I am a former repeat customer of this motel and after this experience I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I will also tell anyone and everyone I can that they should do the same. WHAT A JERK. This place is cute, but IT'S NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank anne7225
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I was trying to find a place to stay in the Pentwater area. Called the Pines. Got an answer machine that only said "I'm not here. Leave a message." I wasn't sure this was the motel. Called back. A man answered. I was asking about the rooms (what they were like, how many beds, etc). He said (gruffly) "We have all kinds. Then I asked what clientel they catered to. (trying to find out if they were familly oriented because my grandkids were involved) He says (gruffly again) "Wanta you mean by that!" AND HUNG UP ON ME!! What a way for a business person to act! So, needless to say, we won't be staying there. And I wouldn'y recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pinky60Fennville
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I love our little overnight road trips. We're definitely budget travelers, but we love being by any of the Great Lakes. Those two items are generally mutually exclusive. However, we discovered the Pines Motel and were very pleased with the great price, the cleanliness of the rooms and the little touches like the antique looking dresser and the rocking chair. It was nice to stay someplace that wasn't decorated in Generic Hotel Furniture 1985, which is generally what you get when you stay at a small non-chain motel. The motel owner was pleasant, helpful, and laid-back and the resident cat gave us our "kitty fix" while we were away from our own cats.
We will definitely stay there again. If you're in Pentwater, don't miss the Sunrise (Sunshine??) Cafe for breakfast on a side street near the harbor. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsBug

Been to Pines Motel? Share your experiences!