“Great lunch spot”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Pentwater
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Always great food, drinks and service. Unfortunately it can be a bit expensive, otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on a Sunday a few weeks ago. My husband had a steak wrap and I had the french dip, both of which were GREAT! Our girls had the kids burgers (sliders), which were slightly over done, which was a bit disappointing. But the views from the deck were very nice and the service was good. As for others comments about it being pricey, I guess I just expect that from a tourist town, so i didn't mind the prices.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Village Cafe, in Pentwater, MI - avoid it at all costs! Bugs on our plates, the smell of insect repellent, and uneatable food. The manager (whom we never saw) took 10% off our total bill when we explained to the waitress that we did not want any additional bad food to replace the 4 meals we had just received.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stopped in late afternoon for a drink. Seated on the deck which had a nice view of the water. Our server was very friendly and did not press us for our order. We weren't sure we wanted anything to eat at the time. There was one item on the menu we were interested in, Beer Battered Asparagus, we ended up ordering that and another drink. The asparagus was very good, and the portion was very large. As for the cost, it IS a resort town and they make their money in the season, we winter in Fort Myers FL, and the prices there are also higher in the SEASON.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This restaraunt was recommended by the owner of the hotel that we stayed at near Silver Lake and when we arrived I thought it looked like a charming little restaraunt that appeared to be family friendly that overlooked a bay area. Then we actually went into the place...that was our first mistake. We were seated by a hostess that was dressed in an outfit that barely covered her top half and I'm sorry but if you're going to dress that way...at least have a body to match. To add insult to injury she was rude when I asked for crayons for my daughter that the hostess herself had forgotten to give her to begin with and actually rolled her eyes as she turned to get them. Our waiter was a very sweet but forgetful young man who disappeared for long stretches of time and confessed on more than one occasion that he forget one item or another. My husband ordered fish and chips which came out almost as black as tar but at that point he was so hungry he just ate his meal. The food took an incredibly long time to come out based on what we had ordered also. The remainder of my family ordered (2) cheeseburgers, buttered noodles from the kids menu, and I chose the lake perch thinking that "Hey, we're on the lake and "lake perch" sounds like a local food!" There's no way that fish was even close to fresh and it came out luke warm with soggy batter and overdone waffle fries that I could have made taste better at home...to top it off an equally sad and floppy dill pickle was perched on top of my Perch hence to sog factor. Our three kids (ages 9 through 20) seemed to be full but didn't mention any remarkable aspect of any part of their meal. I think they were so hungry by the time the meal came that they would have eaten their shoes if that's what was placed in front of them. The only reason I didn't rate this restaraunt as "poor" is because we didn't get food poisoning from them. It's much too expensive to have an experience like we did. Don't waste your time, your patience, or your money. Pentwater is a beautiful little lake town that has a lot to do and see and it surprises me that a place like this has stayed in business for so long that produces, at best, mediocrity from customer service to food production.