Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Boyne Highlands Resort(Harbor Springs)
Flamingo Motel(Mackinaw City)
Northwoods Lodge(Indian River)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmackinaw citybagelsbiscuits and gravypool and hot tubcontinental breakfastgreat place to stayvery nice hotelsnowmobile trailsbed was comfortablefront desk clerkstayed one nightnight staynorthern michiganclean roomsfirst floorboyne highlandspellston lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Pellston Lodge because we were doing the Mackinac Bridge Walk on Labor Day, 2013. We were pleased with the distance to Mackinaw City. We had no idea that the hotel and staff would be so kind and welcoming! Courtney, the First face we saw, was very pleasant and had many ideas where to eat, how to prepare for the walk. We had dinner Sunday night at Douglas Lake Bar and were expecting a middle of the road bar and lounge. We were pleasantly surprised! Our halibut dinner with heirloom tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella was out of this world. after walking 12.2 mile on Labor Day, the best part was coming back to the lodge to get in our suits and get into the hot tub and pool. It was heaven on our tired feet and joints. Courtney also accommodated my need for a conference call the morning I was checking out, she let me stay in the room and have a late check out to accommodate me.. The cozy, easy to find, lodge feel place, was top notch.. Courtney made us feel that we were the ONLY guests, she was very nice. We definitely will be back!!

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't have a noisy bathroom fan. Ask for a room with a mini fridge,it will eliminate bringing a cooler. Tne hotel should add a outside patio (not by the pool) area so that guests could watch the sun set and maybe enoy a glass of wine. We stood outside to watch the sunset..kind of weird.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peanuts0255
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have had a chance to stay at the Pellston Lodge several times in the past year. This hotel was part of the Holiday Inn chain and is located across from the Pellston Air Port. If you are flying out this is a great place to stay. The hotel is out dated but clean and the staff there are very friendly and helpful. There is a pool and hot tub but I have never used it on my trips. They have an early morning breakfast 5am for those catching the 6:30 am flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PellstonLodgeGM, General Manager at Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you, we always look forward to having you here. Next time bring a set of trunks and take the time to try that hot tub!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Manager of the hotel, Mary, could not have been nicer. We booked a 2-night stay and had to leave 1 day early due to a family emergency. The Manager arranged for us to get a refund, and she was extremely pleasant and efficient. The night clerk on our first night was also very pleasant and had upgraded our room. Kudos to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NMR1300

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, I hope that means that all is well now. I hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have stayed here several times room this time was not as clean as our last visit. Would have been nice to have fridge in room. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast served is very good like the addition of the waffle irons since my last visit. The pool was clean and the area around it was also very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth F
PellstonLodgeGM, General Manager at Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are happy to know that you like the waffles, they have put smiles on a lot of faces in the morning. As well, we are working on getting fridges in all the rooms. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A beautiful lobby and nice rooms, but don't get a room on the ground floor. SERIOUS ANTS!!! In the bed, on the walls, counters, everywhere. Very hard to sleep when you feel all crawly!When I informed the woman at the front desk about it, her response was "its Northern Michigan." Which was great, because I didn't already know where I was! Ha!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor if you want to avoid the ants!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raybait
PellstonLodgeGM, General Manager at Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

I am very sorry that you had that problem when you were with us, and that you were given such a flippant response. Last year was a bad one for ants but, we may have been able to assist you in moving upstairs to a room where you didn't feel "creepy crawly" I don't think I would have gotten a good nights rest either. I do want to assure you that they are under control now and hope that you will try us again in the future. Thank you.