“Nice atmosphere reasonable prices for typical fare.”

Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Pellston
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse, known to locals as the "DLB", has a rich history of providing great food and service in a rustic log building overlooking Douglas Lake. The two giant fieldstone fireplaces offer the perfect dining ambiance during the winter* and shoulder seasons. Summer guests enjoy live acoustic music at the lakeside patio or dinner on the screened-in dining porch.
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Off the beaten track but worth the trip. Loved up north feel of log cabin restaurant on Douglas Lake. Food fare. Service good. Loved fireplace table in cozy corner away from noisy bachelorette party. May or may not return.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our first trip to Northern Michigan and what a wonderful surprise. Natural beauty, amazing sunsets and then, a gem in the rough at Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse. We DID secure a reservation as it was Memorial Day and we had high recommendation for this restaurant in Pellston.
We arrived just prior to our reservation time and were immediately seated. Our table had a great view of the Douglas Lake. Had it been warmer we would have been seated outside, but we were happy with the view and the warmth of our seats close to the fireplace.
The wine list is...well...for a Northwoods Steak house, I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.
The same was true for the appetizers. Our waitress told us the DLB "favorite" is the shrimp wrapped in bacon. We will try that next time...maybe...because we ordered the Ahi Flatbread and it was so fresh...like a fresh fish and garden EXPLOSION in the mouth. OK...I will say right now, I will be hard pressed not to order the same next time. I will also mention we were just two dining. This appetizer consisted of three generous servings. WOW.
HOT BREAD...FABULOUS!!
For my entree I ordered the Planked Whitefish. I love Whitefish and it did not disappoint. My husband was perpetually "stealing" the potatoes from my dish...even though he had mashed potatoes with his steak. The green beans were fresh, al dente and so wonderful.
My husband ordered the ribeye steak special...some brown sugar rubbed...WHOA...what an incredible serving. We enjoyed it for lunch again today and it was enough for 2.
What I did not get to try was the berry salad and the berry dessert, which definatly warrants A RETURN TRIP.
Lastly, Naomi, our waitress was sweet, attentive and ever accommodating. We also chatted with a seasoned waitress veteran, Billy Jean. Both of these servers were wonderful and fun.
One last note, they kept our water and drinks full the entire visit. Seems like a small task, but not common across the board in hoispitality.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a marvelous place! The Shrimp Lenny is wonderful and the house specialty, DLB Steak, is excellent. Always a stop when we are up north!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's a long winter in northern Michigan without our very favorite restaurant being open. We celebrate all our special occasions here and never take for granted the sunset views (including one unforgettable, harvest moonrise) over Douglas Lake and the superior, professional service of the DLB staff. We take all our downstate visitors here for an amazing taste of up North. Mussels, whitefish and perch are stand-outs. Great wine list, with mid-week deals. Can't speak personally about the meat entrees, but all of our guests have truly enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We love the ambiance of the DLB and visit about 4 times a year. In the winter, with the fireplaces going it gives you that great "up north" cabin feeling.
Our most recent visit was the day after xmas. Service is ALWAYS great as it was this time, except for the bartender who acted like he got a lump of coal in his stocking the day before.
Our server was friendly above and beyond. Did a great job.
The food is usually good, but seldom great. Soup and salad courses generally are the highlight of the meal and this night was no exception.
Entrees were not very good however.
For $30(ala carte) I got a subpar steak with frozen green beans and gummy mashed potatoes The others in my party of 6 agreed that the entrees missed the mark.
Sorry DLB but I think I'll choose differently next time.
Great service and atmosphere is a plus, but in the end I am there for dinner.