“Nice Hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As a couple who generally does not venture outside the Hilton chain, my wife and I found this Comfort Inn to be very nice. We were travelling with another couple and needed to stay in this immediate area so we stayed here; plus it was rated well on TA. The front desk staff was very friendly and the room was clean. We had a suite which was set up very nice with the separate bedroom. The suite was a good value for the money. The breakfast was good and seemed to be kept in order. I liked that the scrambled eggs were actually hot. The only suggestion that I have is for the breakfast staff to keep up on wiping the tables. The table we had to sit at was sticky with syrup and had some crumbs on it. It was a busy time at breakfast so maybe they needed a little extra help. I will return if I need to stay in Paw Paw again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra few dollars for the suite especially if you have kids!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your kinds words. The suites are a wonderful benefit for families and/or multiple couples. We enjoy hearing from our guests and listening to their feedback. The breakfast can get quite busy at times and I do apologize for the craziness that was going on. We are addressing the issue of making sure that we have extra help on hand when we are busy like that. Again thank you for your suggestions as we do take them to heart.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again next time your in the area.
Lora Opalka

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our room was very very clean, quiet, and was quite new. We were on the 1st floor near an exit so it was easy to take our little dog out. It was a pet room and non-smoking. We got exactly what we had requested which is not always the case, so we were pleased. There was a large breakfast room with excellent breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausages, fruits and breads included.
We recommend also that you eat at Bistro 120 downtown.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway to have quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

First thank you for your kind words. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our customers had a wonderful visit. We would also like to say thank you for staying with us.
We have several wonderful restaurants in the area but Bistro 120 is one of our favorites. We look forward to seeing you next time your in the area.
Thank you for your business.
Lora Opalka

Reviewed January 28, 2013

had a couple good experiences at this hotel. this was my second time staying. decent speed for the high speed internet. Not great speed but it is acceptable. breakfast was ok, but they did not have yogurt that morning. not a big deal, but unexpected. when the hotel is full the parking lot can be a problem. this is especially true if they have a couple of trucks parking across 4-6 parking spots - as was the case when i was there. Found a place to park, but had to 'create' a spot. check in was pretty painless, but it was late and i was too tired to be concerned. excellent highway access to I-94 and near some of the larger wineries in the area. Tiny pool. nice pool area, but tiny pool.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Figit
Thank you for your review. We are sorry for the limited space in the parking lot. We are working on this issue so that it won't be a problem in the future. In regards to our high speed internet we did just recieve a new server hoping to resolve this problem and increase the speed of the internet. We look forward to your next visit and your feedback on the internet speed now that we have our new server.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had an unplanned stay at this motel when a winter storm made it too dangerous to continue driving. It was right off the freeway, and being that it was late, I wasn't picky.

I think this was the first time I've stayed at a Comfort Inn, and I had a pleasant experience. This location seems to be a well kept property, and the owners or management seem to have invested some personality into it. I noticed that there seemed to have been a wine tasting in the lobby right before I arrived. The rooms have signs outside their doors with wine labels, and the decor of my room also had a wine theme. The room was very clean, pleasant, and comfortable. I especially appreciated the firm bed, and the sheets and pillows all seemed new and good quality.

Staff was pleasant and polite, I didn't interact with them too much or need anything from them as it was late and I just needed to sleep.

I drive past this way at least a few times a year, and if I ever need a last minute overnight stay, I'd be happy to be a guest here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Rwchicago,
We are so glad we could be here for you during your "wintery" drive. We are also pleased to know that you choose us to be your "first" Comfort Inn and that your stay was enjoyable. Our owners and staff take great pride in our property and making sure it is kept up with. We hope you enjoyed our wine theme thru out the building. Being a block from St. Julians Winery, it only seemed suitable to have such a lovely decor. We look forward to seeing you again but hopefully with better weather conditions so you can actually see how beautiful Paw Paw is.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter during her Christmas break. It was the best choice... Lora at the desk was outstanding helping me get the room that I wanted and making sure it was close to their beautiful pool. The room was clean and beautiful. We will be back to visit. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are vey happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have just completed our renovations with new carpet, new furniture, new bedding, and a new and improved breakfast. We are thankful that you gave us an opportunity to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Paw Paw

Lora O.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I wasn't expecting a two room suite, but have to say I enjoyed it. Loved having a dishwasher, too, and maid service every day. The bed was comfortable, although the furniture in the "living room" was a bit hard . . . I was given a handicapped accessible room, although I hadn't asked for it and really didn't want it . . . but it was fine. (Won't accept another one, though . . . huge but nowhere to put things!)

The staff was very professional and helpful, even carried some delivered boxes up to my room. When I needed to extend my stay for a day, they were also very accommodating.

I would have loved to have used the indoor pool but never had the time. I did see many happy people in the pool . . . from young to not so young!

Had a little bit of a problem with the heating as the fan between the two rooms wasn't functioning. I'm sure if I had reported it, they would have done something . . . just wasn't important at the time.

I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Sherry M,

Thank you for the nice review about your stay at our Comfort Inn and Suites Paw Paw. We are thrilled that you liked the kitchenette suite. It can we very convenient to have a full kitchen during your stay. In December we will be replacing our furniture to even better serve you.

Thank you for the kind words about our team members. We are blessed to have them and they work very hard exceeding our guests expectations.

Hopefully the next time you visit you will have a chance to use the pool. We keep it warmer than most hotels as we want people to be able to enjoy it as long as they want

Comfort Inn Team

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a Choice Hotels regular and traveling photographer, I am fortunate enough to visit a number of property locations that participate in the choice privileges rewards program. With the Comfort Inn brand I usually expect(and pay) a little more than the others, this Comfort Inn in Paw Paw,MI, exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to other travelers. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable,with Flat-screens and micro-fridges. We did not use the pool but it look inviting. The wi-fi worked well and breakfast was much better than most. The staff was excellent and friendly and even recognized me as a platinum member(which they are supposed to do every time but RARELY do), these little attention to details are appreciated by guests like me who are loyal to the brand. Keep up the good work and I will look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Foto_Johnyoc

Thank you for your review and we are glad you had a great stay. Seeing that you are a seasoned traveler and have seen many hotels we are very excited that we exceeded your expectation. Thank you also for being a Choice Privilege Member and hope you enjoy your points from your stay

Sincerely

Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#11 of 31 in Kalamazoo
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!