“Above average Comfort Inn, excellent staff!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a Choice Hotels regular and traveling photographer, I am fortunate enough to visit a number of property locations that participate in the choice privileges rewards program. With the Comfort Inn brand I usually expect(and pay) a little more than the others, this Comfort Inn in Paw Paw,MI, exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to other travelers. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable,with Flat-screens and micro-fridges. We did not use the pool but it look inviting. The wi-fi worked well and breakfast was much better than most. The staff was excellent and friendly and even recognized me as a platinum member(which they are supposed to do every time but RARELY do), these little attention to details are appreciated by guests like me who are loyal to the brand. Keep up the good work and I will look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Foto_Johnyoc

Thank you for your review and we are glad you had a great stay. Seeing that you are a seasoned traveler and have seen many hotels we are very excited that we exceeded your expectation. Thank you also for being a Choice Privilege Member and hope you enjoy your points from your stay

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in a suite and upon arrival, found out the toilet was plugged. This actually wasn't too bad, because we called the front desk up and they sent someone up right away to fix it. Nice service!

The room is slightly dated, but had flat screen TVs in both rooms, plus a fridge and microwave.

The lower rating is simply due to the fact that the suites are really not great for 4 people. The two people who slept in the "living room" had no airflow the entire evening, since our bedroom door was shut. The room was quite warm in the morning. There needs to be some air movement in the living room if people are expected to be able to sleep there.

Breakfast was great, with waffles, eggs, sausage, rolls and the like. Overall a nice stay - could've used more comfort sleeping though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Rsolsem,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments and suggestions. We have corrected the items that you have brought to our attention. We appreciate you letting us know. Next month we will be finishing our renovations with new granite accents, new furniture, modern art work, and carpet improvements.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Paw Paw

Comfort inn Team

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was using this hotel for my wedding in October. I live in Chicago, so a lot of people were going to need hotels. The staff at the front desk had to talk to me quite a bit (!) and were extremely kind, and so so helpful!! At one point the hotel was completely booked because there were other weddings going on. I was panicking because some important people hadn't gotten rooms yet but the gentleman at the front desk let me know when more rooms would open up and let us keep the special room rate (even though it was technically after the time for that)!
The breakfast in the morning was great. The room was typical. The only drawback was we had a non-smoking room but our room reeked of smoke. It was too late for me to want to complain, I was tired.
Otherwise though, the people there are fantastic, very kind! That alone made it worth it for me!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Tara M for your review. We are glad you had a great stay and more importantly congratulations on your wedding. We are thrilled to hear that our team took care of all of your needs. We are also glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast served every morning. We do apologize for the smokey smell you encountered during your stay. Please know that we have taken care of that issue in the room right away

Again, congratulations on your wedding

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pool was closed, but they told us that before we arrived. Price was great. Breakfast was ok. Room was ok, although it seemed that it used to be a smoking room. Walls were thin. I'd stay again to save a few bucks, not for the luxury.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites Paw Paw. We appreciate your business. Thank you for letting us know of the smokey smell you encountered. We have addressed that in your room right away. We are excited that in December we will be renovating our rooms to even better serve you

We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Paw Paw

Reviewed October 5, 2012

There are 3 places to choose from on this frontage road area, Super 8, Econo Lodge and Comfort Inn. Typically I go for the CI's over the others. The first thing I noticed the pool was drained and under repairs. The clerk gave me a reduced rate, which was nice. The hotel was average for your $70.00 a night place. The carpets a little worn and some repairs needed here and there. For one night or weekend, it works. The area is nice to visit. The fitness area is small, but okay for a quite work out. It was quiet, except for one dog barking in the hotel for a brief stint.
The other 2 hotels did not appeared crowded.

Room Tip: Upstairs, towards frontage road, facing front of hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank B W

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us.

Thank you for your comments. We take our customers comments very seriously. We are excited to let you know that we will be completing our renovations by the new year. Many of our renovations include the items you mentioned. We are especially sorry the pool was being worked on during your stay. Unfortunately there never is a great time to renovate but we are excited to be better able to service our guests with all of our new renovations

We hope when your travels bring you to Paw Paw again that you will give us the opportunity to show you all of our improvements and show you why we are ranked one of the top Comfort Inns in the country

The Comfort inn Team

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Room was clean, a/c did not work. Room was a little warm and I opened the window first but there was a smell outside like sewer??? So I tried the a/c and it would not turn on I did not tell the front desk because we went out for dinner and when we returned the room was cooler. I did let the hotel know the next day.
Our disappointment was at check-in I ask the staff what the pool hours where and then was told that the pool was closed. I don't think they would have told me the pool was closed if I had not ask. I had a perpaid room and they did offer to give me our money back. It was 5:30PM when we check-in and I did not want to drive anymore so we stayed and my son was very disappointed that the pool was closed. I feel that in todays market that with e-mail and all other forms of communication that we should have know before check-in. There was no sign on the desk or anywhere else.
Breakfast was very good, the staff made sure that everything was always full.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ajp59
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We weren't in the room long because we got in late and left early. Everything was clean and in good condition. We left too early for breakfast. Hotel was easy to get to from the highway with gas stations, shops, etc. nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#11 of 31 in Kalamazoo
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!