All reviewsfront deskwould highly recommend this hotelnice hotelnice spacehot breakfast in the morningan isolated incidentpriced hotelroom was cleanlobby and breakfast areahave stayed here several timeswill stay there againindoor poolyogurtenjoyed our staysouth havenkalamazoomichigan
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I usually avoid older Choice Hotel properties since I really don't care for hotels where the sink is out in the living/bed room area and not in the bathroom itself but I figured I'd try this one since it had such great reviews here on Trip Advisor.

Overall the hotel seems to be pretty well taken care of, some of the furnishings in the room were older but in good repair. The Internet worked well and was fast. My room had a microwave and fridge and a flat panel tv with a good selection of channels. The bed was a little hard for my taste but still not horrible. Cleanliness in the room was good but the common areas, especially the hallways were full of mud that had been tracked in by some guests. The employees I encountered were very friendly.

The only real bad thing was that they stuck me down at the end of the hall in between a bunch of utility or construction workers who had absolutely no respect for the other hotel guests whatsoever. They were very loud and obnoxious, the walls in the hotel are paper thin and these guys hollered, cussed and drank beer till probably 1am. I would not recommend this hotel for families traveling with children unless you want them to learn every cuss word in the book.

They shut the party down about 1am but next morning 6am sharp they were back at it, more hollering, more cussing and more door slamming over and over as they got ready to head out to work, again no respect for the other guests who perhaps wanted to sleep in later then 6am. Of course there was no sleeping with these jerks yelling and cussing in the hallways.

There is absolutely no way I would return to this hotel, if your looking for a good nights sleep I'd stay in Kalamazoo instead, which is what I should have done. Like I said the hotel is ok for passing through but if your looking for something a little higher end this isn't it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear valued guest,

First off please accept out sincere apology about the problems you encountered at our hotel during your stay. It is very dissapointing to hear that other guest in the hotel were not handling themselves properly. We strive to meet and exceed every guests expectations and in this case, due to the group that was there during your stay, that does not appear to be the case. We have addressed the situation with our team and have taken steps to prevent this from happening again. If you can please call the hotel at 269-655-0303 and ask for Lora we would like to make this right with you. Again, we are truely sorry

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was headed from Chicago to the Thumb of Michigan for a quick weekend visit with my GirlFriend and 3 year old black lab when my car broke down in Lawrence, MI (about 8 miles west of Paw Paw.) I asked the tow truck driver where the best place to stay with a dog would be in the area and he recommended the Comfort Inn. Boy am I glad he did.

Not only did they upgrade us to a mini-suite so the dog could be comfortable and extend our check out time to wait and see if the car would get fixed on Saturday, but when the car couldnt be repaired until Monday and the closest rental car company (one who assures "we'll pick you up") decides Paw Paw is a location they actually will NOT pick you up from, the nicest Concierge in history offers to let my girlfriend and I borrow her car to drive to Kalamazoo, get the rental car, and come back for the dog and our stuff.

She had NO REASON to have to do this, but when she saw us in trouble and looking at a $78 cab ride to get the car (IF it even got to us before the car rental place closed) she extended her generosity to make sure we could get back and enjoy the rest of what could have been a disasterous weekend. The room, free breakfast, accomodation of a dog, and incredible customer service by their staff inspired me to write my very first review on TripAdvisor. 5 Star service at an affordable price; right off the highway. Thanks again for everything!

Room Tip: Be friendly. Have a dog.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Thank you so much for letting us know about your expierence at our Award Winning Comfort Inn. Although we spend a significant amount of time training our employees to give top notch customer service obviously Lora took it to the next level herself. We are very proud to have employees like Lora working with us at the hotel and will definetly thank her for going above and beyond in your case.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Paw Paw/ Kalamazoo

Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night while visiting my sister. Robert was exceptional in helping us get 3 rooms in a quiet area of the hotel while they had a hockey team staying there. Room was very comfortable and clean. If I had a complaint it would be on the breakfast. It was definitely "continental". No fruit, limited selection of other items.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate the comments. I am excited to let you know that we will be one of the first Comfort Inns in the system to put in the Comfort Inn Hot Breakfast. In addition to hot items we will also have a wide variety of fruit yogurt and numerous other items.
Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Paw Paw

Reviewed June 8, 2010

My husband and I wanted to do a quiet but close getaway for our 10 year anniversay. I had been to Paw Paw with my sister-in-law just a few weeks before and had fallen in love with the small quaint town. I have a Choice Rewards card and found that Paw Paw had a Comfort Inn & Suites and decided that it would be a nice getaway.
I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER WITH MY CHOICE!!!!!!
Not only was Robert very friendly, he was extremly informative.He gave us information about the surrounding area and about the hotel.
We booked a room with a king bed and bathroom, but when we went up to our room we where completely surprised... We where given a room with a kitchenette and a livingroom area and a king sized bed and a bathroom. At no extra cost to us. Thank You for making our 10th Anniversay a memorable one.
That night we drove a short 30 minute drive to South Haven, where we walked the beach, pier and downtown area. I would highly recommend doing this. We drove back to the hotel and relaxed in a VERY comfortable king sized bed.
The next morning we went down to the complimentary continental breakfast and again we where plesantly surprised. Waffles, rolls, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, milk and juices. ALL continually filled even though we came down about 30 minutes before the end of breakfast hours.
The pool looked very well kept but we did not have the time to try it out. Will try the next time though. The only thing I did not see was a hot tub. But didn't look too much.
Our check out was done with great ease also. The young lady at the desk in the morning was also very cheerful and helpful.
The wineries there are very nice and clean. The lake down the street is quite nice to sit and watch or fish off off. There is also areas to launch a boat from. We sat and watch a few with some kids tubbing. There is also a cute, reasonably priced little drive-in called Red's. AWESOME food and GREAT prices.
Even though the day we left was gloomy our stay left us cheerful and warm.
I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The ppol was small, but conveniant. The room was very comfortable and affordable. The food was a little bad but not too horrible.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends