See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2018

My husband and I had the worst experience at the Econo Lodge Hotel Paw Paw, MI this last weekend. We arrived at the Econo Lodge late after a long day with family and provided our pre=paid reservation information. At first the person at the desk just indicated we didn't have a reservation. After showing him the documents confirming our reservation, he conceded that we had a reservation but he had cancelled it. He informed us that he had the right to refuse anyone a room at his discretion. After checking with all the other hotels in Paw Paw, it became clear that rooms were in high demand that night for rooms and none were available. The person at the counter explained that we had made our pre-paid reservations with an online travel company and that Econo Lodge is paid significantly less for those reservations than ones that the Econo Lodge makes directly with customers. Apparently it is their policy to cancel online reservations if they can resell the room directly to another customer at a higher rate.

If you ever get stuck with a reservation to the Econo Lodge Paw Paw, MI, I strongly recommend you rearrange your travel schedule to check in as early as possible to see if you still have a room. Always have a back-up reservation with a reputable hotel or you will likely end up like my husband and I - a long way from home in the middle of the night with no place to stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank carlin1025
Raj P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Paw Paw, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear guest,

We are very sorry we couldn’t meet your expectations. Please accept our apology and consider us again!

Thank you. Econolodge

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I had pre-paid for my June 23, 2018 one night Econo Lodge Paw Paw, MI reservation through Hotwire.com on May 21, 2018. I felt comfortable that all was well with the reservation when I got a reminder email from Hotwire on June 21, 2018. I arrived at the Econo Lodge front desk just after 11:00 PM after a long day. I provided my ID and indicated that I had a one day prepaid reservation. A middle aged gentleman at the counter took my ID to check his computer and returned shortly to indicate that he had no record of my reservation in his system. I provided him electronic confirmation of my pre-paid reservation with confirmation number (5454408853).

The gentleman took my information and again indicated that the reservation was not showing up in his system that he had at the front desk. I asked if he had any contacts or phone numbers that he could call to get the problem resolved. He indicated that he didn't keep any of those numbers because they did not respond to him after typical business hours. I asked if he could call Hotwire to resolve the issue and he responded that he did not work for Hotwire. He further explained that Hotwire was very unreliable and that if it was up to him, Econo Lodge would not work with Hotwire. I asked the gentleman if he could call a Choice Hotels contact and he responded that they were just a third party booking company and were unfamiliar with the Econ Lodge Paw Paw operations.

Seeing that the gentleman at the front desk was unwilling to make any effort to get my issue resolved, I called Hotire.com myself. After locating my pre-paid reservation the Hotwire representative called and had a conversation with the gentleman at the front desk. At the Econo Lodge counter clerk's request, the Hotwire representative faxed the information that Hotwire had previously transmitted to the Econo Lodge on my pre-paid reservation.

After having the conversation with the Hotwire representative and getting a fax of the information that had been transmitted previously, the counter clerk would still not honor the pre-paid reservation. After working with the counter clerk and talking to the Hotwire representative for about 45 minutes, I concluded that I would not be getting a room at the Econo Lodge Paw Paw, MI.

After checking the other three hotels in Paw Paw, MI, I found that no rooms were available for that night in Paw Paw, MI. It appears the Econo Lodge counter clerk took it upon himself to re-sell my pre-paid room to another customer since I was arriving late. The clerk's negative comments about Hotwire also appeared to be an attempt by the clerk to provide additional cover for his claimed ignorance of the reservation.

After over 40 years of business and personal travel, I cannot say I have ever been treated so disrespectfully by a hotel counter clerk. Needless to say, I will not be making any reservations at any Econo Lodge hotels in the future.

Room tip: Make a back up reservation for when you do not get your room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you.
Econolodge

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

This room was adequate. Toilet didn’t flush well. There were chips of tile broken on the floor. Towels were pretty thin.
Breakfast was minimal. The staff were helpful.
We had a light outside one room which lightened up our room.
It was a good location for visiting family.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a no-nonsense experience. The hotel staff was helpful. The beds were decent. There was a sight odor in the room but nothing outrageous that made us want to leave. A plus was the DVD player in the room. It made for a good movie night in while we were travelling.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here 1 night (July 3) and were quite happy with our stay. I chose a hotel in a smaller town & away from crowded neighborhoods on purpose...knowing how some celebrate the holiday with loud firecrackers, etc. for 2 or 3 nights straight! The Econolodge is ideally situated for a quiet & peaceful stay. The bed was super comfortable. Best sleep I've had in a while. The room was very clean. We don't need a lot of frills. There were plenty of lamps, mirrors, outlets...a small microwave, a fridge, wifi, a pleasant countryside view to boot. Breakfast was adequate. The price was wonderful. The management are some of the nicest people you'll meet. PawPaw is a quaint smaller town in southwest Mich. known for orchards, wine products, lakes, & good food. I would definitely recommend this establishment!

Date of stay: July 2017