See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2016

The Econolodge Paw Paw is an older budget hotel next to the freeway. I've stayed there each year for the last couple.
Pros:
Not that noisy given the proximity to the freeway
Reasonable eating and budget shopping nearby
Never noticed any "sketchy" activity
Far enough from Gingerman not to be booked solid or expensive, but less than half an hour away
Has a limited continental breakfast

Cons:
Second floor balcony is carpeted and has enclosed windows which makes it damp and dank
It SEEMS like a sketchy location, even though like I've said I've never seen anything questionable
It's an older and well worn hotel

Room tip: First floor rooms are a lot easier to get in and out of due to stairs.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Naomi L, Manager at Econo Lodge Paw Paw, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Dear Mike,

AP

Reviewed October 25, 2015

Our stay at this hotel was not a pleasant one. Area was terrible, no safety the doors were always open, I am used to using my room key to get into the building. No safety latch in our room, no screens on the windows!! we were up all night watching on our vehicle to make sure no one was join to try to break in. We would not recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PaulePhillips
Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here once before, but due to a unique problem I had with the facility I didn't write a review. Needed a place in the area again, so I decided to give them another chance. Glad I did. The facility has been recently repainted and cleaned up considerably. Our room was immaculate, the building exterior and grounds were clean, and everything had that just cleaned smell to it. The only problems I noticed were that the truck noise from the nearby interstate was periodically bothersome when trying to sleep, and the breakfast fare was sparse, but the quality was excellent. Easy access to I-94, fast internet that stayed connected all night, and no surprise charges on the bill. If in the area I'll be back.

Amish Patel

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Only slept there 2 nights but was impressed with the place. Very friendly staff, great breakfast and very reasonable price. Will definetly go back when in the area. Was helping son move in Bloomingdae and stayed here because of price and comfort.

Room tip: We were on the end room on first floor towards the back of building. Very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2015

I recentley stayed here to atend a meeting in Kalamazoo. The room was great. Easy access to I94.Great location. I certainly felt that we got a lot for our money. I would have no hesitation about recommending this hotel to my friends and I would certainly stay there again. The staff that were on duty were extremely pleasant and answered all our questions as we were new to the area.