“Good hotel for a visit to southwest Michigan”

Econo Lodge Paw Paw
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Lakewood, Colorado
“Good hotel for a visit to southwest Michigan”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting my brother for his birthday. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet, certainly positive attributes for a short stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glenn M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Thornton le Moor, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Staying here on a visit to this part of the world. I dont think you would come to this area unless you had business here but I have to say this is a really good place to stay if you are here. I arrived late after a long days travelling, I was greeted warmly and the process went through very quickly. I got my room and although its a standard motel with access via a balcony when I went in the room I was pleasantly surprised, clean large room, pleasant furnishing and reasonable bathroom area. The bath is a bit small but theres hot water and it is a budget room, particularly to a European. There is a breakfast that is 'free', I prefer included in the price but it was fine as a continental breakfast with disposable plates and cutlery. All the other staff Ive met have been friendly and helpful.

Overall if you are out here and need a comfortable place to say I can highly reccommend this place.

Room Tip: My room is on hte Eaast side and is fine, there is a bit of noise from the freeway but not enough to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikesalter
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Thumbs up on the service at an affordable hotel. Great three day stay with a few other motorcycles. There were multiple problems that came up during our stay and the staff stayed on it till we were satisfied. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Greg G
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Arrived very late for an overnight and the check-in was easy and the clerk friendly. The outside of the hotel doesn't look like much, but the rooms were very nice and comfy. Actually, the bed was one of the comfiest I've slept on in a while. The breakfast was adequate and checking out was fast. The only problem was that there was a very large spider web across our door when we entered. Not a big deal.

They are doing it right here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here. All the rooms have been recently remodeled. Staff is very friendly, rooms clean. It is a no frill place, but each room has a DVD player, fridge, microwave, free wi-fi and coffee pot. Since we just needed a spot sleep for one night the price was great, $55. They did have a breakfast that we didn't partake in. We would use this motel as a stop over again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewTraveler764
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Compared to other motels this motel serves its purposes and is quite clean. We where making a trip from Toronto to Chicago thinking we`d make the whole way but at about 4am we caved for sleep and decided to take a random exit ending up at Paw Paw Econo Lodge. We noticed this is a pit stop mainly for truck drivers since all the trucks where parked in the parking lot. This is definitely a motel but there where some interesting things to note. For the price of $65 (with taxes) it seemed a bit high but nonetheless the room was very clean and came with a working TV. The staff was very nice at check in and check out. The Wi-Fi connection worked and was really good. The parking was easily accessible and free. They promote a breakfast which I we attempted at trying but its very limited (but sufficient for many) - coffee, bagels, muffins, and cereal but nothing health friendly (like whole wheat bagels or whole wheat bread). Once again that's just my preferences but for most this would have sufficed since they had the necessary condiments as well (jelly, cream cheese etc). The place did have a computer to utilize and the area of breakfast and computer was quite clean. It is conveniently located off the highway for quick access to highway upon continuing your journey. Overall its a very decent place to stay at for the low price since you never know what to expect with motels. There where other motels in the area for about the same price but you never know if it will be a smoke-filled unclean room etc. My rating is being given relative to other motels I have experienced for about the same price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am usually weary about staying at motels, probably because I have had some bad experiences, but I was surprised to find that Econo Lodge Paw Paw was very clean and quiet! The only concern that I had was that there was not a camera on the side of the parking lot I parked in facing the motel. My room was the last hotel on the south end upstairs, so I parked my car in the last parking space near the stairs and it is definitely too far away for the one camera on the north side to see. Other than that, it was a great stay. Front desk personnel was very friendly. Will definitely stay again when we take any trips up north to see South Haven.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo
TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo

Been to Econo Lodge Paw Paw? Share your experiences!