“Outstanding Food! Do not miss this one!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 120 Taphouse & Bistro

120 Taphouse & Bistro
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Paw Paw
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portage
“Outstanding Food! Do not miss this one!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2007

This is one of the best discoveries in Southwest Michigan!!! The food is outstanding. Very original...with a great depth of quality!

Nothing generic about these entrees, salads or soups!!! And those wonderful homemade desserts!!!

The Chef purchases local organic produce and the best of meats to make the Bisto's cuisine. The owners support local growers! The bread rolls are warm and served with a herb butter.

I love the Pub area...remind me of my trips to the UK.

Do not miss this one...

3 Thank CaliforniaWineLover

Glen Ellyn, IL
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

The atmosphere and staff are friendly and accommodating, the food is creatively good. Make a point to stop here--I do.

3 Thank BudgetConscious2
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Food, disliked sitting in the bar area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2005

LOVED this restaurant. I had an outrageously delicious whitefish.

But I disliked having to sit in the bar area, separate from the restaurant. TWICE now, for whatever reason, the staff was not seating diners in the actual restaurant area and I was forced to sit in the bar. The television is on (hate that) and there is a half door on a hinge (attached to the bar) that makes a VERY obnoxious noise every time someone goes through it.

I would eat at home before I return to sit in there. I will call the next time and make sure I can get into the dining room.

But the restaurant is fabulous, trust me.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2005

Fantastic is the only way to describe the food and service here. It starts with the homemade rolls which are outstanding....the butter was flavored with dill and was whipped to boot....the rolls were crunchy and delicious. The portions are large by anyone's standards and it is all homemade. We had the perch and the bbq combo which is chicken and ribs...and when they say the ribs are falling off the bone they're not kidding. The perch dinner had ten pieces of perch..and they weren't itty bitty pieces either. Save room for dessert because they too are homemade and there is a whole menu for them. I almost forgot...there is a choice of 10 homemade soups daily. Call and get the directions because it is located behind a pub...glad we did because we would have missed one of the best meals we have ever had. We will definitely be back!!!!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
“Bistro 120: Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2005

Hooray for Bistro 120, a delightful family restaurant in downtown Paw Paw! You can dine in the Irish Pub connected to it, on the patio or inside in the dining room. Either way, there is friendly staff and fabulous food (and tons of it). The BBQ is right out back and the smell of the pulled pork sets a hungry mood. The atmosphere is very relaxed, with the kitchen open for viewing and the foyer full of fresh baked pies. There are 8 or more huge urns of truly homemade soup in plain view as well, I had Cream of Michigan Asparagas soup and it was marvelous. Our dinner was delicious and the young wait staff clearly enjoys serving and visiting with customers. I felt like I was at a big family reunion.
The restaurant has a lot of hustle and bustle, but it's a comfortable buzz.

After dining, walk across the street out back and get an ice cream cone at Sugar Bears. Once again, a happy gang of workers makes you feel like you stepped into a truly hometown, loving place. And the ice cream is great too.

7 Thank WindyCityGirl