“Confused by negative reviews”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Paw Paw
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At La Cantina in Paw Paw, Michigan, we pair excellent hand-crafted Italian food cooked by great chefs with a casual and fun atmosphere. We offer a great casual fine dining experience. Our homemade sauce blend compliments any of our pastas and Italian meats. We offer veal, New York strip, certified black angus filet, lobster, mussels, walleye, and other seafoods and are even known for our mouth-watering BBQ ribs. And as the first restaurant to offer pizza in the Southwest Michigan area, our hearth-baked pizzas are sure to delight. With a large selection of appetizers, dessert specials, full bar, and wine offerings, you may come in for a snack and ending up staying for the evening enjoying delicious food and great conversation. La Cantina was founded in 1936 by Amo and Rose Scotese and continued by the efforts of their grandchildren and daughter Norma, who still shows up ready to work every day-even at the age of 92. When you're here, the La Cantina staff will make your feel right at home as part of the family, and your
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great service,great food-first time Visit and not a local...Ask for Cory she was a pleasure. Special occasion and we had an awesome experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I are from out of town. We had asked for a nice place to eat for our anniversary. We had heard this was a good place to go. We thought it was a cute place. Started with a starter with calamari. The calamari was very rubbery. Then the soup and salad came. The soup was horrible and you can't call a salad a salad if its just lettuce! It didn't come with anything on it. I asked if that was a mistake and they said it comes this way! WHAT REALLY! Not even a tomato? Then we just had enough and had to leave! We didn't even want to wait for our main course! We already saw how that was gonna be! The only good thing from that place was our server. We ended up at another place and had a great dinner.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I have been going to La Cantina for over fifty years. Pizza is my favorite food and the pizza at La Cantina is in my top three of all time. My husband and I travel extensively through out the USA and I think right here in Paw Paw MI this is a jewel of a restaurant. We now bring four generations to La Cantina to celebrate any occasion and marvel at the friendly service, great atmosphere and mouth watering pizza. It is the all time best cold pizza, the next day.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Really simple review. Good food, portions are big. Can get busy on a weekend, but worth the wait. Wine list is really too big, but that is not a problem in my mind.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food at LaCantina is one of a kind. Every time I have eaten there, not only do they make you feel extremely welcome but like part of the family. There are MANY restaurants that are very rigid and do not offer very much accommodation and LaCantina is NOT one of them. You can basically get anything on the menu however you want it. The pizza is fantastic and you cannot find pizza like that anywhere!! There is a large variety of menu items for every person's taste. The Ribs are excellent and the Seafood dishes are very fresh and tasty(especially the linguini with clams, aoli style). Thursday night now holds a special for CUBAN sandwiches---the CUBAN was so good, it felt like I was in Havana. The Wine list offers an endless variety of wine and if not on the menu you can go to the wine cellar and pick out a bottle. The food is authentic and fabulous. The Mocha Toffee Torte (Homemade from scratch) was a delicious end to our meal. The service is always friendly and prompt. I would recommend this restaurant to ANYONE & EVERYONE---You are missing out if you do not eat at LaCantina!!!!!!!!!