“Bad Experience”

Cuisines: American
Jackson, Michigan
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try Gallagher's since I have eaten at most of the other places in town. I was pleased by the decor. It was cozy and fairly clean, although the carpet needed to be swept. I ordered a steak then was told they were out of steak. I then ordered perch and an ice tea. Sorry, no lemon for the tea. After 20 mins or so, I was told my order didn't make it back to the kitchen. Another 15 mins, the food comes out. No lemons for the fish and the mashed potatoes were cold. They took the plate away and in a couple mins the food came back, same food. The fish was removed and the potatoes were nuked, then the fish tossed back on the plate. After all that, the fish were very small pieces with no meat and mostly bread. Garlic mashed were good. Coleslaw was good. The only reason I did not give one star was because the server was very nice and apologetic. She paid for the meal so all the experience cost me was about an hour of my time. I am sure it is not always this bad but I am not going to risk it. Instead I will spend my time and money elsewhere.

Visited December 2013

Battle Creek, MI
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

While driving through Paw Paw my husband suggested stopping to eat at Gallagher's. I was very hesitant based on the other 2 reviews but decided to give it a chance. It was wonderful. Service was great, the homemade Sangria was tasty and the food was hot and delicious. The entire place (including bathrooms) was clean. No complaints here.

• Visited October 2013
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“good supper , but...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were staying in Paw Paw , and needed a spot for supper. Our motel had several menus to peruse , and we chose Gallagher's. At 6:00 p.m. you would expect full staff....not the case. Our server was pleasant , but he was the only one working. Seat yourself.....try to decide whether you would sit close to a wall , where it was too dark to see anything , or near a window , where you could see better and see that the place was really dirty and dingy.Good hot meal (fish and fries in a basket) outstanding dessert (we split a brownie a la mode) , but no cream for our coffee...we eventually got some milk from the kitchen.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank nana1246
Jacksonville, Florida
“Focus Needed”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant by the people across the street at St. Julian Winery and thought we would discover something since it wasn't listed in Trip Advisor. Our mistake. This is a nice casual restaurant and I believe the owners need to change the batteries of the staff, light a fire under them, get the clean-up people to get busier, etc. Just an observation: the one female server in the restaurant looked like she had come from an exercise class. Very sloppy appearance. You don't wear that to work, I don't care who you are! Our burgers were just o.k. and took waaaaay too long to get to us. This was not a difficult order - both of them just alike. After finishing our meal, I went to the restroom and there wasn't any soap in the dispenser. I told the server and he disappeared to tell someone. I will say in their defense a person who appeared to be the owner came over to our table about 10 minutes after our arrival to apologize for our wait. Maybe lunch isn't their strong suit....but we won't be back again.

• Visited June 2013