“It is called "STAY IN" motel now”
Review of Travelodge Paw Paw

Travelodge Paw Paw
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Right off I-94 in a quaint township with its own surprisingly pleasant character. Talked to Autumn who greeted me, a lovely young woman, and her mother was as lovely in my morning exit. The room was clean, smelled good, everything worked, and it had a microwave and a little fridge that was already on and cold. It was not high end, but I paid $55 and was satisfied. I came down State Hwy. 40 to Paw Paw on the way to Kalamazoo, but this place is literally right off the interstate and you might have to look for it since it's a little off the main road off the exit and you have to drive a little down a road you have to look for, the sign doesn't stand up that tall to see from the road. Standard room, great people, felt safe, everybody in town was helpful and cool. Apparently they were a franchise chain place, but now bank owned and changing hands. Still okay, and I'd go there again any time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The front desk and cleaning crew were very polite and helpful but there was a lot of hall and stairwell noise. We woke up at 1:30 when a group of loud people went from 3rd floor to 1st. They came back and walked down the hall. Fortunately, they left. The pool was a little too cool for the kids. Breakfast was okay. I would not stay here again. This hotel has not listing on internet or Super 8 sites. Strange.

Room Tip: East side is a gas station with little traffic. West side is hotel parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J K
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I drove for hours and decided to stay for the night. When looking for a hotel we called at least 6 in the area and stopped when the wonderful person on the other end took complete care of us. He was kind enough to remind us of senior citizen discount which was an added benefit. You won't be sorry staying here. The rooms are immaculate, the service outstanding andstaff are friendly. We will be returning. Thanks for a delightful stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel is inexpensive, clean and the staff is excellent. There is an indoor pool with an patio outside if you want to sunbathe. The complimentary breakfast has french toast, waffles, cereal, hard boiled and scrambled eggs. The staff keeps everything stocked and CLEAN. All rooms have a frig - huge when you travel with kids. We have family about 30 minutes away - this is the only place we will stay! And the pillows are awesome!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My boyfriend & I rented a room for a wedding along with the rest of the wedding party, my first impression was that the hotel was fine prompt service at the desk easily accessible room. But..... the bed (king) was broke in our room if you sat up to watch tv the bottom of the bed flipped up folding you in against the wall, we had to call & request towels for the second day of our stay, (as well as another part of our party who had rented a double room & roll away & had only received 2 towels to start then were told that they could only be given 2 more even though that asked for 3!!) We had to set the garbage can in the hall to get it emptied & get a new bag, also through some food boxes from the mcdonalds down the road away saturday night around midnight & by 8:30 the next morning there were ants all over it! Continental breakfast is served until 9:30 but be sure to get there by 8:00 because nothing was refilled once it was gone, & the garbage was overflowing & tables were never wiped & the worst part of all was that we turned on the A.C in the room the 1st night we were there & the next morning I couldn't breath, 15 minutes after I went outside I was clear as a bell...moldy air filters? I would never stay here again defiantly not worth the price. Oh & the internet didn't work in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009
Satish P, Manager at Travelodge Paw Paw, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

We are proud to offer clean rooms, and excellent service. We now have brand new beds and the pool has been renovated and is already being enjoyed!

Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed at the Paw Paw Super 8, 3 nights ago. As a woman travelling alone - I wanted to be off the Highway by dark. I stopped in - thought the rate provided with my CAA card was very reasonable. Room was large and clean (one King) and no odour what so ever. The floor in the bathroom looked like someone had cleaned it and left cleaning product on the floor. Other than that - tub, sink and toilet were all clean. At first was concerned the bed didn't seem comfortable but I slept well.
Breakfast - not great - coffee was really bad. I used the treadmill in the fitness room - was fine - although the front desk did offer I could go to a local gym for free if I wanted to.

I generally check out accommodations ahead of time - I didn't in this case and was very pleasantly surprised. I had an enjoyable one night stay and would stop in again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Solo252
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We got caught in a blizzard while driving across I-94 and needed a place to spend the night. We pulled into the Super 8 because it was the first hotel off the road and it looked relatively new - a newer Super 8 is usually a safe bet in my book. The front desk person gave us a "storm rate". Our room looked fine, but there was mold or something that caused both of us to have allergy problems. It also smelled vaguely like stale cigarettes even though we were in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank candaceg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Plainwell

Been to Travelodge Paw Paw? Share your experiences!