“We will return"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“We will return"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I drove for hours and decided to stay for the night. When looking for a hotel we called at least 6 in the area and stopped when the wonderful person on the other end took complete care of us. He was kind enough to remind us of senior citizen discount which was an added benefit. You won't be sorry staying here. The rooms are immaculate, the service outstanding andstaff are friendly. We will be returning. Thanks for a delightful stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel is inexpensive, clean and the staff is excellent. There is an indoor pool with an patio outside if you want to sunbathe. The complimentary breakfast has french toast, waffles, cereal, hard boiled and scrambled eggs. The staff keeps everything stocked and CLEAN. All rooms have a frig - huge when you travel with kids. We have family about 30 minutes away - this is the only place we will stay! And the pillows are awesome!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
petoskey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

My boyfriend & I rented a room for a wedding along with the rest of the wedding party, my first impression was that the hotel was fine prompt service at the desk easily accessible room. But..... the bed (king) was broke in our room if you sat up to watch tv the bottom of the bed flipped up folding you in against the wall, we had to call & request towels for the second day of our stay, (as well as another part of our party who had rented a double room & roll away & had only received 2 towels to start then were told that they could only be given 2 more even though that asked for 3!!) We had to set the garbage can in the hall to get it emptied & get a new bag, also through some food boxes from the mcdonalds down the road away saturday night around midnight & by 8:30 the next morning there were ants all over it! Continental breakfast is served until 9:30 but be sure to get there by 8:00 because nothing was refilled once it was gone, & the garbage was overflowing & tables were never wiped & the worst part of all was that we turned on the A.C in the room the 1st night we were there & the next morning I couldn't breath, 15 minutes after I went outside I was clear as a bell...moldy air filters? I would never stay here again defiantly not worth the price. Oh & the internet didn't work in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Satish P, Manager at Travelodge Paw Paw, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are proud to offer clean rooms, and excellent service. We now have brand new beds and the pool has been renovated and is already being enjoyed!
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed at the Paw Paw Super 8, 3 nights ago. As a woman travelling alone - I wanted to be off the Highway by dark. I stopped in - thought the rate provided with my CAA card was very reasonable. Room was large and clean (one King) and no odour what so ever. The floor in the bathroom looked like someone had cleaned it and left cleaning product on the floor. Other than that - tub, sink and toilet were all clean. At first was concerned the bed didn't seem comfortable but I slept well.
Breakfast - not great - coffee was really bad. I used the treadmill in the fitness room - was fine - although the front desk did offer I could go to a local gym for free if I wanted to.

I generally check out accommodations ahead of time - I didn't in this case and was very pleasantly surprised. I had an enjoyable one night stay and would stop in again.

• Liked — The offer to use a local gym for free
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Solo252
Mystic, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2008

We got caught in a blizzard while driving across I-94 and needed a place to spend the night. We pulled into the Super 8 because it was the first hotel off the road and it looked relatively new - a newer Super 8 is usually a safe bet in my book. The front desk person gave us a "storm rate". Our room looked fine, but there was mold or something that caused both of us to have allergy problems. It also smelled vaguely like stale cigarettes even though we were in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank candaceg
Condon, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2007

I stayed in a queen room at the Super 8 in Paw Paw the evening of October 25.

The facility is bright and new and reasonably clean. However, when I shifted the position of the television, I discovered a cheez-it underneath. I also found a crumb or two under the edge of the nightstand. The check-in process was efficient and friendly.

Overall, I was generally quite pleased but a late irritation, unfortunately, negatively colored my stay. When I plan to check-out near the check-out deadline, I have learned to place the "do not disturb" sign on the door to avoid being disturbed by the housekeeping staff. I dutifully did that at the Paw Paw Super 8 only to have the housekeeping staff ignore it at 10:40 a.m. (Check-out was 11:00.) I sent them away but felt pressured and irritated. Certainly not the last emotion hotelier probably want to leave the guest with after a stay.

• Liked — modern, bright
  • Disliked — housekeeping staff interruption DESPITE
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TIMGRAVES
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

I did not stay there but, at around 9:30 p.m. I made a resevation for the next night. When I got up the next morning my Daughter was very sick and we had to change our plans since we could not leave her anywhere or home alone for the night. I tried to cancel my resevation and the lady at the desk said I had to give a 24 hr cancelation. For one thing it hadn't been 24hrs. since I made it and she said she would have the manager call me back a.s.a.p. Well I never got that call and I still got charged for the room. I know they have policies but it would have been nice to at least talk to the manager to explain my situation.

Stayed July 2007
#3 of 3 in Paw Paw
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites

Been to Travelodge Paw Paw? Share your experiences!