“Typical of a Newer Super 8”
Review of Travelodge Paw Paw

Travelodge Paw Paw
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Paw Paw
Condon, Oregon
“Typical of a Newer Super 8”
Reviewed November 2, 2007

I stayed in a queen room at the Super 8 in Paw Paw the evening of October 25.

The facility is bright and new and reasonably clean. However, when I shifted the position of the television, I discovered a cheez-it underneath. I also found a crumb or two under the edge of the nightstand. The check-in process was efficient and friendly.

Overall, I was generally quite pleased but a late irritation, unfortunately, negatively colored my stay. When I plan to check-out near the check-out deadline, I have learned to place the "do not disturb" sign on the door to avoid being disturbed by the housekeeping staff. I dutifully did that at the Paw Paw Super 8 only to have the housekeeping staff ignore it at 10:40 a.m. (Check-out was 11:00.) I sent them away but felt pressured and irritated. Certainly not the last emotion hotelier probably want to leave the guest with after a stay.

• Liked — modern, bright
  • Disliked — housekeeping staff interruption DESPITE
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TIMGRAVES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Michigan
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I did not stay there but, at around 9:30 p.m. I made a resevation for the next night. When I got up the next morning my Daughter was very sick and we had to change our plans since we could not leave her anywhere or home alone for the night. I tried to cancel my resevation and the lady at the desk said I had to give a 24 hr cancelation. For one thing it hadn't been 24hrs. since I made it and she said she would have the manager call me back a.s.a.p. Well I never got that call and I still got charged for the room. I know they have policies but it would have been nice to at least talk to the manager to explain my situation.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank yukon99
Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2006

We arrived mid-afternoon around 2:30 to check in. Check in is at 3:00 p.m. The first thing the clerk said to us was that our room was not ready. That was fine, so we left the area to occupy ourselves to return in 20 minutes as instructed. After reaching our room on the 3rd floor, we opened the door to find a musty/curry smelling room that had a dirty carpet and sunflower seeds that had been brushed against the edge of the bed and covered up by the comforter. After unloading the car, we were in the hotel for pretty much the rest of the night. We decided to check out the pool, but didn't stay in there for long because the chlorine was so strong. My eyes and throat were burning really bad because of it. Around 9 p.m. there was a lot of noise in the hallways that was being made by the owners of the hotel. Not causing a scene, just talking very loud and not really respecting that some people were trying to sleep. We woke up the next morning and went downstairs for breakfast. While waiting for the elevator, the gentlemen I was with greeted one of the owners and the guy just looked at him. He didn't say anything and wasn't very friendly. So, we got downstairs and it was your basic cereal, bagel, make your own waffle type thing. The coffee canister was empty for the majority of our meal and was not checked on until someone else staying at the hotel went to the front desk. Because it was close to the end of breakfast, I sort of had the feeling that it wasn't going to be checked on until they went to put all the stuff away. We went to pack up our luggage and bring it downstairs, but they only had one cart available and it was being used. That was a little inconveinent. After we checked out, we saw the manager (that ignored the Good Morning) looking into the windows of our car, and then walking back towards us as we were walking out to leave. I thought that was a little strange too. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — The bathroom was a nice size.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay at this hotel. Let our misfortunes be enough for you.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank NeasPurpleMonkey
Satish P, Manager at Travelodge Paw Paw, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We are happy to have new management, as well as many renovations and improvements to our facility. New beds, TV's and of course, our caring staff that is always ready to assist a traveler. We would be pleased to have you stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paw Paw
#3 of 3 in Paw Paw
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph
Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center

Been to Travelodge Paw Paw? Share your experiences!