“smelled of smoke” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Paw Paw
Lake Worth, Texas
“smelled of smoke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

we were at Warner Winery In September....we smelled smoke inside... and it was'nt from a cigarette ! We left.

Too bad that great little restaurant Kevin's is'nt still there....brought a little class to the place

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Going down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stopped here 35 years ago and toured the winery, it was wonderful. We were in the area in September and thought we would stop in. Very disappointed! No tours, wine tasting was $5.00 which is ok but not much to choose from and was told they had a fire so they don't do tours. I think they're wines come from other places. Not sure it was so dark in there and the people were not friendly. We went next door to Julian's and had a great tour and wine tasting. Bought a bunch of wine and had a good time.

Champaign, Illinois, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stop here Oct 13th 2012, we paid our $5 for 6 tastings. We waited 5 minutes before they poured us our first taste, a little quicker with the second, but then the lady that was waiting on us left and started stocking wine racks and the other lady started sweeping the floor. we stood there for 15 minutes before the man waiting on the group next to us made an off hand comment that I looked like I was getting impatient, to which I replied that we had been waiting for 15 minutes and no one had come back to wait on us. He then, to make lite of the situation, started to tell a joke about Mexicans to which we took offense because our Nephew-in-law is Mexican. We felt by the way the three staff members were acting when we walked in and while we were there seemed to be intoxicated, when we were telling people back at our B&B about our experience they (before we said anything) said that the three seemed to be "three sheets to the wind"!
I will not go back if we ever make the trip back to this part of Michigan.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank uhs1980
Wadsworth, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“They should ashamed of them selves”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The wine trail is great, it's a lot of fun and much prefer the wines to what I find on the Il. wine trails. This is my second time to Warner Vineyards both times they displayed a sign that said free wine tasting. Both times they charged us $5 per tasting. Both times I mentioned they should not advertise free tastings if they are going charge. Both time they just ignored my comments.
For the record $ 5 for a tasting is not uncommon. I just feel if they will lie to you about that, Continue to lie month later ( sign is still up) why would I trust anything else they tell me.
Don't skip the entire town St. Julian winery has a great wine selection, a nice tour, music, and credibility.

1 Thank Mike D
“Great Atmosphere and Great Wines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Even thought I am local to this area, I always come back to Warners. Wine & Harvest Festival is wine day for a group of us - we take Friday off work and hit the tasting room after lunch (Pat - the wine slushies are the bomb). What a nice, relaxing way to start off the Festival. Always good wines and friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Visited August 2012