“Very rude!”

Warner Vineyards Winery
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Paw Paw
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stop here Oct 13th 2012, we paid our $5 for 6 tastings. We waited 5 minutes before they poured us our first taste, a little quicker with the second, but then the lady that was waiting on us left and started stocking wine racks and the other lady started sweeping the floor. we stood there for 15 minutes before the man waiting on the group next to us made an off hand comment that I looked like I was getting impatient, to which I replied that we had been waiting for 15 minutes and no one had come back to wait on us. He then, to make lite of the situation, started to tell a joke about Mexicans to which we took offense because our Nephew-in-law is Mexican. We felt by the way the three staff members were acting when we walked in and while we were there seemed to be intoxicated, when we were telling people back at our B&B about our experience they (before we said anything) said that the three seemed to be "three sheets to the wind"!
I will not go back if we ever make the trip back to this part of Michigan.

2  Thank uhs1980
There are newer reviews for Warner Vineyards Winery

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The wine trail is great, it's a lot of fun and much prefer the wines to what I find on the Il. wine trails. This is my second time to Warner Vineyards both times they displayed a sign that said free wine tasting. Both times they charged us $5 per tasting. Both times I mentioned they should not advertise free tastings if they are going charge. Both time they just ignored my comments.
For the record $ 5 for a tasting is not uncommon. I just feel if they will lie to you about that, Continue to lie month later ( sign is still up) why would I trust anything else they tell me.
Don't skip the entire town St. Julian winery has a great wine selection, a nice tour, music, and credibility.

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Even thought I am local to this area, I always come back to Warners. Wine & Harvest Festival is wine day for a group of us - we take Friday off work and hit the tasting room after lunch (Pat - the wine slushies are the bomb). What a nice, relaxing way to start off the Festival. Always good wines and friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We visited Warner vineyards during wine fest 2012. Amy Klooster was so knowledgeable and pleasant it made our visit even more special. She was fun and had fresh information and food pairing ideas for every wine we sampled. The band that night was Raven Downs they were great. We will be at the wine fest at Warner vineyards next year!!! Thanks Amy see you in 2013.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

They charge five dollars to taste their wine which is the going rate at all the wineries now, but their wine is awful expensive and they don't have air conditioning which made it not too enjoyable.