“Wonderful and friendly.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Curley's Paradise Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Curley's Paradise Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Paradise
“Wonderful and friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My fiance and I decided late on a Friday night to drive up to Paradise to snowmobile for the weekend. We looked online for a pet friendly motel in the area because we had just bought a Rottweiler puppy 5 days prior to our trip. We arrived at 5:30 am and Linda the owner was extremely welcoming and even offered to puppy sit while we went snowmobiling. Over the next 2 days , she checked in on our puppy, took her out and played with her. All I can say is this was a wonderful place to stay and Linda and her family were very much appreciated.We will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank golfergirlforever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clio, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Traveling with a dog leaves you limited in places to stay. Curley's is far from the best place we ever stayed, but also far from the worse.
In the middle of February, choices are limited, but it was warm, sheets were clean, lots of hot water and we had a good nights sleep.
In room frig., microwave, and coffee. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. I do feel it was a little pricy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie E
Grand Blanc, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'll start with the positive, it's a nice location with a good view of Lake Superior and the front desk help was nice enough. And that's where it ends. The non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, the bedding was stained, the blinds were broken, the walls were stained and had peeling paint, and one of the light fixtures had a burned out bulb. We stayed because it was getting late and there aren't many options in Paradise. After waking, I counted flies, mosquitoes, and spiders as some of our non paying "friends". Bombing it and rebuilding is the only way to fix it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve H
Caro, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were a little nervous to book a room here after reading the earlier reviews. Decided to go reserve a room and give it a chance as only needed to stay for 1 night. Not the place to go if you are planning on spending your time in the room...but we spend our time at the bar across the road (great burgers) and at the fire pits overlooking the lake. Beautiful location, the people in the office were very friendly and informative as to places to visit in the area. The bed was comfortable, the rest of the furniture was very well worn to put it nicely. Would stay again, but think we would go for one of the cabins. A housekeeper was kind enough to show us one she was cleaning in the morning when we were checking out and it appeared to be more updated than our room and had a picture window view out to the lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
East Peoria, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have mixed feelings about Curley's because the people are very nice, the location right on Whitefish Bay of Lake Superior is AWESOME and, therefore, worth the down side of this motel. We fed gulls, had a big fire in the firepit with other guests and had a WONDERFUL time with the perfect location/view here till late evening. This is an older motel that needs TLC & updating as well as better housekeeping/cleaning. Killed a few spiders in the room, cigarette burns in blankets, cobweb/spiderwebs in window sills, broken blinds...there you go...that's the down side. I'm not a "camper" so that was kind of roughin' it for me. However, the location-you MUST stay on the Lake side of this motel to appreciate it-is just about perfection. I enjoyed our night here so very much that I want to overlook what Curley's lacks. When you're this far north in the UP very close to Whitefish Point ... you do have very limited choices on places to stay and eat. You're there for the "experience" ... remember that, folks!

Room Tip: If you're staying at Curley's ... be SURE you get a room on the LAKE SUPERIOR/Whitefish Bay...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn M
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I are not prissy people but this motel really needs some help. We stayed here July 11 & 12, 2013. Let's start with the pro's. The woman at the front desk was really nice and helpful in giving recommendations. Location of the motel is wonderful. It is right on Lake Superior and has a gorgeous view. We stayed on the lakeside. Negatives are the place is really old. When we walked into our room it smelled like stale smoke even though it is a smoke free place. I think it was just years of smoke imbedded in the walls. The blinds in the room were broken and the curtains to cover the main window barely closed. Binder clips would have come in handy. The chair next to the bed had a big stain on it and the walls were dirty. The bed sheets had a couple of cigarette burns on them. The bathroom was clean overall. My husband and I are not complainers so we put up with it. We were hardly in our room anyway because we were always out exploring the area. The bottom line is that this place needs some serious TLC. We will stay somewhere else when in the area again.

Room Tip: Stay on the lake side if you choose this place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

When we travel (I travel most weeks for my job) I don't expect fancy rooms or any extras however - I do expect clean. It can be well worn even to shabby and as long as it is clean (and a good value) I will come back. Not to this place. Dead bugs, dirty floor, debris on the towels, and $100. The $50 place last night BLEW this place out of the water. And to think I paid more for the king bed.

• Stayed July 2013