“Great location...beautiful view of Lake Superior”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Curley's Paradise Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Paradise
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great location...beautiful view of Lake Superior”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you're looking for a motel with all the amenities of the larger chains then this isn't for you, but if your looking for a mom and pop place with a great location on Lake Superior then come to Curleys. We had a room with a great view of the lake, and seconds to walk into the water. We sat for hours on the fenced in grassy area over-looking the lake and enjoyed watching and feeding the sea-guls. There are lawn chairs and loungers located throughout the property, also picnic tables, grills, and fire pits for your enjoyment. If you like peace and quiet, and enjoy nature this is the perfect place. The locaton is close to Taquamenon Falls parks and whitefish point. We even enjoyed horseback riding at a stable just down the road.
The owners, Bill and Lynda, were very nice and friendly. The small town of Paradise has definitly seen better days...another small town lost to a poor economy.
Will definitly stay there again. Already planning the trip for next summer and adding a couple more days at Curleys to enjoy some quiet family time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joth2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is a nightmareo;oldy, moldy, bad suervice-don't waste your money. By the way, don't stop in Paradise. It's not paradise at al! Just an ugly place on the north shore of lake Superior.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irina i
Reviewed June 17, 2012

No idea what everyone's complaining about. Room smelled a little musty--not moldy! Furniture and decor were a little dated but bathroom was newly redone. We got a clean, spacious two-room unit with a big window facing the bay for $85.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank absmama06
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I made the horrible mistake of making a 7 day reservation at this place. We reserved one of the cottages. When we got there I literally almost cried. We decided to stay the first night and it was the worst night of my life. The air conditioner didn't work, the beds were horrible, there was mold in the bathroom and the refrigerator, I was afraid the floor was going to fall through, and the 700' of beach was absolutely disgusting including used condoms. I went to the office the evening we got there and told them I wanted the rest of my money back that we weren't staying the 7 days. They almost didn't give me my refund but the next day they finally did and even though I paid in cash just 12 hours before, they said they didn't have the cash and wrote me a check that I was lucky enough to be able to cash at one of the local stores. They were extremely rude to me. I would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE EVER.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY rooms at this dive.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

The motel was at the low-point of the travel season, so my party was the only group taking a room. It Watson the lake with a nice view. There was also a fast wifi connection.

There was a bit of smell, and the refrigerator was noisy. Nonetheless it was an okay room. The price was also very good.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Aaron365
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Idk what these bad reviews are for. Who cares what the main office is like? You only have to check in there. Very nice people. Cottage is clean. Nothing fancy but nice. Were right on the lake. The view is amazing. Even in the cold rain im glad we came. We came back from whitefish point and they had cleaned the place for us. My young children even love it. Small deserted town but everybody is friendly. Come here.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Brittersmd
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I have stayed at Curley's Paradise Motel on and off for the last 20 years. The owners are very friendly and acomidating. The rooms have always been very clean and love the view of the bay. Paradise is a quaint little town in the north struggling along like most towns who receive the amount of snow they do and relying on mostly tourists to make their living. I have read a lot of the negative reviews that have been posted and find they are way too critical.. Looks to me like these people expect to find a Radison or other upper crust motel! I suggest they stay in some of the other motels up around the Canadian border and see what they find!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Whitefish Bay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Vince L

Been to Curley's Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!