“Chris and Robin are the best. You need it, they will get it for you.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saunders Sunrise Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Saunders Sunrise Cabins
Westland, Michigan
“Chris and Robin are the best. You need it, they will get it for you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

Although I missed last November we have been setting up our amateur radio station at cabin #1 for the previous four years. We commorate the sinking of the Edmond Fitzgerald the first weekend of November. We represent the Stu Rockerfellow Amateur Radio Society from Plymouth, MI. Addition members set up their stations at the Whitefish Poiint Lighthouse. We are contacted by other amateurs around the world, usualy around 300-400 contacts. Chris and Robin are great hosts. Chris will lend a helping hand when needed. The new heating system is great. We hang antennas from the trees and any other tall structure(lightpost). We are always welcome and enjoy receiving holiday cards from them knowing they remember and enjoy us.
Signed,
The Radio Guys.
Dave and Chuck

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank k8edr

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

The cabin was very cute and cozy. I enjoyed the couch and the beds were nice and firm. The furnace was a bit loud, but it kept us warm. Since it is a cabin, I suggest one brings slippers for the winter time because the floors are cold (I thought of this before hand). Cabin #4 did not have an oven, so we were not able to cook the pizzas we brought, but in the guest book for the cabin, someone mentioned that the owners cooked a pizza for them. I'd say that's service!
I see many people complaining about the dated furnishings and the lack of things to do for city people (I call them Cit-iots), but I loved it and I had plenty of things to do. It's a cabin and it's supposed to be rustic. And go outside... there are plenty of things to do there!!!!
I had a GREAT time and I plan on going back this summer!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Schmaron
Kalamazoo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

We originally booked 2 days. We left after the first day... first thing in the morning. Our kids were even freaked out. The lake was beautiful and kayaking/ canoeing was tons of fun. However we dreaded going back into the cabin. It was sort of clean, but none of us wanted to sit down. Everything was so old and used. The side of the cabin that faces the lake had non- operating windows. Imagine 90 degrees, no breeze, and flies galore. yuck! This place could be soooo beautiful. With a little upgrading, some nice front windows and ceiling fans, new flooring, and a couch cover, this place would be fine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MAZALFLL
Woodbridge VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We've stayed several times with Chris and Robin. They always welcome our standard poodle as much as the rest of our family. These cabins are the best part of the UP - beachfront, gorgeous sunrises, campfires, great hosts, and proximity to so many activities. We love to fish on the Taq, visit area lighthouses, collect agates at Whitefish Point, pick wild blueberries, eat fish at Browns Fish House and Camp 33, buy bread at North Star bakery. It's only a short drive to the Two Hearted and the Soo Locks or to the Painted Rocks National Seashore. The serenity and beauty of this area is truly Paradise!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank brez00
West Branch, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I have been staying at the sunrise cabins for 6 years and have already made my reservation for this year! It is quiet and clean and chris and robin are excellent hosts. The cabins have seen tons of updates since my first trip in 2004. I especially liked the remodeled bath and last year the new matresses were the best! Chris and robin welcome me and my pup with open arms. There isn't a more relaxing place anywhere!!! I hope to continue to stay at sunrise for years to come!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank BarbBrandner
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have been staying here for many years as a child and now as an adult with my family. The location is great. It is 2 miles north of town and located on the lake. Whitefish point and the Harbor are about 10 miles up the road (a must see for both)!!! The soo is about an hour away. The beach changes every year depending on the water levels, but always has enough room for a good time!!!! The kids love playing on the beach and in the water. The water temp also changes, but in the summer (August) it is usually in the 70's.

The cabins are small, but worth the price when you look at everything the cabin has. We prepare by brining food and additional items that we have come to need in the past. The beds are not as comfortable as home, but they will do. If you don't want the cabin experience, there is a Best Western in town, but you will be paying more to stay there!

The owners are very nice and are willing to help you with whatever you need. We make reservations to go up there a year in advance. They just got Direct TV, which was a great upgrade! You can have fires on the beach every night!

Waking up and looking out at the water, playing at the beach, driving to the soo, there is nothing better!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kristi911
Petoskey,Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

We have stayed here 3 or 4 times. The folks that own it are great. They made sure that we had whatever we needed(or wanted).
This is not a 4 star resort although Robin is an excellent concierge. It is a rustic cabin on the beach. Theres no cable and the 3 stations you get are Canadian(if I remember correctly). At least thats all we watched when we were there. The beautiful location more than makes up for the lack of TV. Hey if you wanted to watch TV you should of stayed at home.
I highly reccomend this place as a reasonable bargain and most enjoyable stay.
Plus its dog friendly and my dog absolutely loved this beach.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple