We had looked forward to our trip here and been impressed with the kindness of the owners when we had to reschedule our reservations. However, when we first entered our cottage, it smelled like rotten garbage. We later decided the smell was coming from the kitchen drain. The shower floor was covered with peeling paint and got slimy when it was wet. We have been to the UP many times and know the issues with mosquitoes, but this place was absolutely infested. We finally decided they must to coming in through an old chimney or some outlet to outdoors because even with the doors and windows closed and killing them all evening, they kept coming. The grass outside was so overgrown that we couldn't even think about going out and sitting by the lake. We hardly slept and got up with blood spots on our sheets from being chewed on during the night. We were told by the owner that nothing could be done to keep them out and that we'd find the problem anywhere we went. We left here after one day, went down the road, and ended up staying in a great cottage (on the lake and $50+ a night less expensive) for four nights with minimal problems with mosquitoes.
This place has great potential but is over-priced and under-maintained.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking