“Best Fish we've ever had.”

Brown Fisheries Fish House
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Paradise
Cuisines: American
Description: Check out urbanspoon.com. Brown Fisheries Fish House (906) 492-3901 32638 W M28 Paradise, MI 49768
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Mouth watering, amazing, light, we are still talking about it. Make the drive, it's so worth it. We didn't have the chowder, but had the fried mushrooms, and they were incredible. Yum. Waitresses were so kind and sweet.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I'll be honest here. This place is a hole in the wall. We've been coming here for years & I'm very picky when it comes to fish. I'm not really into fried fish either. Let me just say this is the best Whitefish I've ever had & I'm not kidding. Don't go within an hour of Paradise without making the drive. You will not be disappointed & as a matter of a fact you will probably be upset that you live so far away. Delicious.

1  Thank Moyerlm
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The whitefish was very tasty. Unfortunately they were out of the chowder. We found out they don't always make it. We were fortunate to get seated. It is not a very big place and a lot of people had to wait - especially large groups. The staff hustles and we were served very quickly and it was very hot! So plan to get there for dinner early or be prepared to wait. There isn't a very large parking area either.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We wanted to see for ourselves just how good the whitefish really is at The Fish House...it was the BEST!!! A neat little restaurant in Paradise, MI. The staff was very friendly, and let us know that our fish was caught just hours before being cooked. We all ordered the 2-piece whitefish plate for about $11 and left very satisfied and will definitely return next time we're in town. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The lady at the establishment we were staying in recommended that we go to Browns. She told us that they catch the fish that day and serve it until they run out of fish.

We went there and were seated immediately. The waitstaff is kind of what I expected in a one intersection town. Rushed, very busy but polite.

When we sat down there was Johnny Cash playing on the radio and they took our order very promptly. The whitefish was the freshest and best I've ever had. It was also quite large! I barely was able to finish my 4 pieces of fish and fries (and I'm a 6'4" 210lb guy)! My wife got a 3 piece basket and couldn't finish hers. My daughter ordered the fish and shrimp and wasn't able to finish hers either.

I tasted one of the shrimp my daughter had, even though I've always hated shrimp. I have to admit, it was pretty good!

Pricewise, for the U.P. it was reasonable! UP prices tend to run a little higher than the lower but it wasn't too bad. I believe it ranged from $12-$15 per person.

Small place, kind of quaint, not a chatty bunch but amazing whitefish and a reasonable price. All in all, I can't ask for more!

1  Thank Raev