“Best Great Lakes Fish Fry”

Brown Fisheries Fish House
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Paradise
Cuisines: American
Description: Check out urbanspoon.com. Brown Fisheries Fish House (906) 492-3901 32638 W M28 Paradise, MI 49768
Ft Myers,Florida
“Best Great Lakes Fish Fry”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Browns Fish Company in Paradise Michigan (upper MI). Best light fried Whitefish I have had. Fresh water fish is not my favorite but this is the exception. Try it, very good. Reasonable price for amount served same day as caught.

• Visited July 2013

Fremont, Wisconsin
“Great Fish!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On a recommendation from a local we drove out of our way to stop here. I am not much of a fish eater but wanted to eat fresh fish from the lake on our vacation to the area. Best fish I personally have ever had. Fresh whitefish caught that morning from the lake. I asked for extra tartar sauce, like I said not much of a fish eater. The fish was so good that I didn't even go through the first serving of tartar. A definite must when in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Flushing, Michigan, United States
“The BEST Fish in the State of Michigan!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Paradise back in September. My family and I probably have drove by this place a million times, and never stopped. We were hungry, on our way to Whitefish Point, and decided to stop for lunch. We ordered the fried Whitefish, and it was seriously AMAZING. To this day, I still crave it! FRESH, never frozen, Whitefish straight out of Lake Superior caught by their very own boats. Call ahead to make sure there is fish, because a bad catch or bad weather means they don't have any! The fish was so good, we came back the next day for more. If you're going to Tahquamenon Falls or the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point, this is a must-eat! It's not much on the eyes, but the food speaks for itself. Way to go Brown Family!! We'll be back in the spring, and are traveling 5 hours just for their fish. Their phone number is: (906) 492-3901 (we kept a card!)

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Cindy F
Clio, Michigan
“Great Whitefish Dinner”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived for dinner around 5:00 and within 10 minutes the place was full. We order a whitefish dinner with baked potato and a whitefish and shrimp dinner with fries. Both were excellent. The fish has a light crispy batter which was perfect. We were fortunate to have been able to order the whitefish because they ran out after the people after us arrived. They catch their fish daily and when it is gone they close the restaurant. They also have walleye and perch dinners available. This is not a fancy eatery. The fish comes in a basket and the utensils are plastic. The waitress was very friendly and enjoyed talking and joking around. It is a great place to eat if you are in Paradise!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Cheryl D
Hell, Michigan
“the best whitefish both fried and smoked”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped in to get some smoked fish and ended up eating lunch. Their fish baskets with the whitfish were crispy on the outside but not greasy, and moist and flavorful on the inside. Even the skin was good! The fries and coleslaw were also good. The owner's daughter was our server and she was prompt, efficient and friendly. The smoked fish was fresh off the smoker and was excellent the next day. This is a very seasonal business and the owner's daughter said they don't open up even in season when they don't have fresh fish. The atmosphere is local and "Pure Michigan!"

• Visited October 2012