“Beautiful Falls”

Tahquamenon Falls State Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the upper peninsula area of Michigan with wonderful wildlife and waterfalls.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited when the autumn colors were at their peak. What a beautiful sight. The Upper and Lower Falls were both gorgeous. We enjoyed the hiking trails in the area and the walkways and lookouts are placed to enable the visitor to get great photos. There are a lot of steps at the Upper Falls, 94 to access one area, and 116 to access another. Come prepared with walking shoes. This is a must see for anyone coming to the Upper Peninsula.

2  Thank Cheryl D
There are newer reviews for Tahquamenon Falls State Park

Reviewed October 7, 2012

a must see that only the great state of michigan can provide plan on spending a day see both upper and lower falls they look like falls of root beer

1  Thank jlw11
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A beautiful state park. Both the upper and lower falls are worth seeing. Its absolutely gorgeous during the fall.

1  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had been here in the summer, winter, and spring and finally saw the falls in the autumn. The foliage and colors were spectacular. The hike to both the Upper and Lower Falls was pleasant. On past trips we've rented a rowboat and rowed to the island but didn't on this trip. Likewise we didn't hike on the trails because we didn't have time but the park has great hiking trails.

2  Thank trbeer
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I visited here on a trip to the UP in June of 2012. We took M-123 to the Upper Falls. Paid the out of state fee of $8, which was well worth it. They give you a tag to put on your windshield. Walked an easy walk (we're in our 60's) to the falls and were able to take beautiful pictures. There are stairs down to the lower viewing deck, which might be difficult for some. When we were through viewing, we had to climb back up (Ugh), but there are lots of landings to rest on and there are benches on the path on the way back to the parking lot. The reason I mentioned the windshield tag is that it gets you into the lower falls as well, which is even an easier walk than the upper falls. The pass is good for one day. The falls are great. They are #2 to Niagara in the volume of water going over (waterfalls east of the Mississippi River). My husband had been here before and told me I would enjoy it. I was skeptical, but when I saw it, I realized why he brought me to see this natural wonder.