Harmon's Birchwood Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Paradise
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhitefish baystevecabinlakesunrisemichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in cabin 7. When we arrived Steve the owner was afraid that he was going to have to turn us away do to some unexpected flooding, but thankfully it didn't happen! This place was wonderful. Our children loved it. We enjoyed having the screened porch because of all the rain, we were still able to sit out side. Steve has been so accommodating and friendly. I am so glad that we decided to stay here while on our family trip!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We happened upon Harmon's this time in Paradise and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I called ahead and wanted to reserve a two-bedroom for 3 nights. I was told we could rent a one-bed for the one night and then switch to the two-bedroom for the remainder. We loved it so much, cabin 7 we stayed an extra night! I thought the owners were very nice, helpful and accommodating.This is an excellent place that is close to area attractions. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed cabin 7 because of the screened in porch.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susie7305
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have to say I was very disappointed in how I was treated when we stopped at Harmon's Birchwood Resort last month. Last year, we stayed at the cabins and really enjoyed our stay and thought another stay would be nice on this vacation. When I asked about rooms, the owner was quite nasty and said he couldn't help us since we only wanted to stay one night. I know the place wasn't full, but I felt very put off and apparently my business is no longer welcome at this place.

The owner is quite rude and very unfriendly. Drive down the road and stay at Lakeview. They are super friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jill B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Harmon's Birchwood Resort in Paradise! The cabins were very clean and comfortable and provided everything we needed for a great stay. We enjoyed the fire pit alongside our cabin. The walk to the shore was short and nice that the area was just for guests. It was a short drive to Whitefish Point and Tahquemenon Falls. It was a very quiet and enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've stayed in Paradise several times but this is the first time at Harmon's (our previous lodgings have gone out of business), and we can honestly say that Harmon's is much better than where we stayed before. My family spent 6 days at Harmon's this summer; it would have been a full week but there were scheduling conflicts that prevented us from staying that last day, but they offered us the weekly rate anyway, which saved us some money. The owners were helpful and kind, and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our visit. The cabins are fairly old but very well maintained and upgraded, completely stocked, and immaculately cleaned. The place is well situated between Tahquamenon Falls State Park, Soo Locks, Oswald's Bear Ranch, Pictured Rocks, the shipwreck museum and Whitefish Point. All of the cabins are within a minute's walk to the beach, which is clean and refreshing and has great sunrises. One of our best vacation stays ever. We are already planning to come back next year with friends.

Room Tip: We chose cabin #9 so our 2 kids could have separate beds.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family