“Very good.”

The Ox Bar and Grille
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The Ox has an amazing selection of craft beers. Many craft brews that are hard to find any where. However, I came here to eat and I ordered the southwestern fajitas. Wow they were great. Puts Mexican restaurants to shame. I've had fajitas at toP rated Mexican restaurants and this place is so much better. Everything is fresh and they give you plenty to eat. Service was top notch. I can honestly say they have the best fajitas in town. Try them.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

It's been years and years since I wrote a negative review.

We can usually stomach anything and are not high maintenance diners. I've muddled through some pretty bad meals. Unfortunately, I actually could not eat my meal and sent it back at this restaurant.

I ordered the Broiled Whitefish and my husband the NY Strip Steak special. I had the dinner salad as a starter and my husband the tortilla soup.

Salad was delivered and it was a bowl of chopped romaine and one cucumber slice. Who serves that? The soup wasn't bad, but it was sooooo salty!

The broiled whitefish was cooked well, but it had sooooo much seasoning on it - you could not eat it. I believe they tried to "blacken it" - but it was horrible. I took two bites and sent it back.

My husbands "NY Steak Speacial" (for 16.99 mind you). Was the smallest breakfast steak I have ever seen and a good quarter of it was grizzle. I've had better breakfast steak at a diner for 7.99. Again with the seasoning. Someone needs to take that seasoning shaker away from the cook. Seriously. Hubby ate it cus he was starving, but I would have sent it back as well.

The service was good though and I felt pretty bad for the server - she was so apologetic (not her fault) but seems like she has these conversations with unhappy diners quite often.

Maybe this place is good for fried bar food and sliders. But would never go back here for "a meal".

Find a new cook - put the seasoning shaker away and purchase some quality product.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good quality food, nice décor and overall good value with portions. Too much fried food on the menu and specials also tend to be deep fried. Very busy on the weekends so go for Lunch on your first visit. Good selection of real beer not the usual light beer swill that children prefer.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I dined late afternoon on a Wednesday. We both got fish and chips and found them to be very tasty. The wait staff was fast, friendly and attentive. We also got a couple of drinks and found them to be reasonably strong. We will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank ebayspence
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Music's a little loud sometimes, but if you ask to have it turned down a notch, they will. This place uses REAL alcohol, not the watered down stuff, and the food is really good. Reasonably priced, and good-sized portions. Share The Ox pizza...a small will do for two. Pomegranate martini? Oh yeah!

1  Thank Deb M