“Love Roma's”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Ate there four times, great food and prices. Close to hotel--Comstock Inn & Conference Center. Great music and staff.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

We had a large group this past weekend in town for a family funeral. The restaurant staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a buffet style meal and the food was very good. We especially loved the lasagna and the chicken. The bar area is cozy and seems like a great place to sit and have a glass of wine and relax. T

Reviewed January 13, 2018

I enjoyed the lunch buffet and the service provided. The atmosphere was nice for a luncheon meeting and the menu provided good choices. We were greeted by a friendly host and seated immediately. When I'm back in the area I'll make this a stop for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Timothy N
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Just another Italian restaurant.

Being vegan is not hard in general. So many restaurants have very little to offer though. The menu is pasta, pizzas, meat and cheese filled dishes. Both the pizza and pasta contain eggs. Most of the salad dressings have dairy in them.

I did see soy cheese on the menu for pizzas. I just can't eat the bread.

They have a black bean burger wrap. I'm guessing the patty and flat out bread contain eggs. Most veggie patties in restaurants are only vegetarian.

I had to pick a salad and modify it: Minus chicken, add tomato, mushroom, black olives, plus the walnuts, onions and mandarin oranges that were part of it already. I used oil and vinegar for dressing. I have had better salads, but the oranges were good.

Others that sat with me had the salad bar and a personal pizza. He said the pizza was cooked to order and was good. The buffet was lots of cheese and tomato sauce. My husband said he felt heavy in the stomach from all the cheese. At home we do not buy dairy cheese, or milk. He eats it sparingly when we eat out. (He is a meat eater.)

The inside of this place is VERY dusty. The light on the wall over our table, and our food, was covered in white dust. (See in picture.) There are fake grapevines hanging over the salad buffet. Wonder how those look...eww. I don't want to eat dust and cobwebs with my meals.

Note: This was not our first choice for a restaurant. The one we wanted is closed on Mondays. We didn't know until we got there.

John O, Owner at Roma's Back Door, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you for visiting us. We're sorry to hear that you were less than impressed by your experience. Many of our guests do often have dietary restrictions, which are more than happy to accommodate to to the best of our ability. Next time, please let us know and we will gladly see what we can do for you. We are extremely diligent about the upkeep of our establishment, so it's surprising to hear what about the light over your table. Please be assured that we maintain the highest standards of health and safety at all times, and take all necessary measures each day to make sure of this. We'd love another chance to impress you, and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the service. Stopped in for lunch and had the buffet. Soup, bread, salad, chicken, pasta, and pizza on the buffet. I felt the selection was good and everything was well prepared.

Been to Roma's Back Door? Share your experiences!