“The Comstock Inn”

The Comstock Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Owosso
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed there in the past, and was going to be in town for a few days, so I thought I'd stay there again. My past experiences there weren't as good as this one. It seems like they've done some work...especially with the carpet! Last time there was loose carpet everywhere (it seemed). I didn't notice any this time. My room was clean and inviting. And HUGE! Surprising it only had a double bed in it, but this time it was just me so I have no complaints about it. I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the restaurant, but I did peruse the menu and was surprised by the choises offered. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I'd prefer to have a room that overlooks the main drag. Kinda fun to watch the action.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am happy to say the Comstock has made an amazing turn around. I have stayed here twice a year for the last five years. In the beginning it was pretty tough. Worn down, not the cleanest, just needed some upgrading. The last time we stayed, May 2012, it had turned the corner for the better. New Management is moving the Comstock in the right direction. The Staff is great. Very responsive. Instead of dreading going back we are confident that the hotel will be a great destination.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location and atmosphere for the family and friends in our company! Very kid friendly and adult friendly as well. Very clean! Excellent customer service!! Delicious menu at the the in house Tanglewood Restaurant & Lounge!!! Highly Recommended!!! A+++++

Room Tip: Any and all rooms we have stayed in at all instances have been very clean and comfortable. No compla...
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If it has been sometime since you stayed at the Comstock Inn, you will be pleasantly suprised. Great effort is beening made to make you stay more pleasant. I'm not exactly sure of all the changes, but the most in important are new mattress for a restfull sleep, the rooms are very clean.and service is great. The Tanglewood bar has better service and new menu items.

1  Thank Clifton S
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here after a power outage in the area. Even with as busy as it was the staff was kind, friendly and very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to my family and friends!!

1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed June 27, 2012

After looking at some of the pictures and reviews online, I was a bit concerned about staying at the Comstock. We were there for 3 nights for a family wedding. The hotel looks much better in person than it does in the pictures.

All of the staff went out of their way to give exceptional service. We worked with Kim on the events and she was absolutely fabulous!

The rooms were clean and quiet and contained everything necessary for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was typical of many hotels, mostly carbs. The kids enjoyed making waffles and I appreciated the apples and bananas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suzanne9209
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here recently in a business suite on our wedding night. We are from the area and have stayed here on previous occasions. It was obvious they have worked hard to update the facility recently and it was noticeable! Flat screen TV and a mini fridge and a VERY clean room were a bonus. They have added a breakfast in the morning that was very tasty and just enough to really get the day started right. The staff was friendly and helpful, short of one minor hiccup by a new staff member. They even assisted my sister in delivering a special package to our room so it was there to surprise us upon our arrival. At a discounted price of $156 out the door I felt the room was a little over-priced, but we didn't worry too much about that, being our wedding night and for the convenience and proximity to our wedding reception. Overall very satisfied with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again, or suggest it to friends or family. This is a real jewel in the community and I look forward to the improvements they continue to make!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bladerunnersolo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owosso
The Pines Country Inn
#2 of 3 in Owosso
Oak Creek Lodge
Oak Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Bannister

Been to The Comstock Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!