“Clean, convenient and friendly!”

The Comstock Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Owosso
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stayed at The Comstock Inn in Owosso recently and found it to be very satisfactory. It is an older hotel but the room was clean - the bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was good - minimal - but good. We followed a group so almost everything was running low but the desk staff replenished it right away. We will definately stay here again. The one negative thing that bothered us was the "banging" doors - even late at night! The room doors close with a bang everytime someone goes in or out - if this could be changed it would be helpful!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LARRYANDSALLY

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I did not experience any of the problems reviewed here already. But then that is down to timing and how things go on the day. And of course this should not be. I arrived late and just wanted a place to overnight as I was on my motorbike...maybe the problems had left for the night?.

The reception is huge...spacious. The receptionist was very cheerful warm and friendly to me. The lift to the room was welcome as I have to strip the bike every stop.

My room was as you would expect...no surprises here. Big, clean and comfortable. For a place to put your head down it is fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed at the Comstock on June 18th. I left my camera plugged into the wall socket under the desk and placed the camera on the chair, since the cord was short. I accidentally left it in the room. When I realized my error on Monday I called the hotel. They would not send anyone up to the room to check. I left my name and number and they stated that they would leave a message with housekeeping. I never received a return call. I called back several times within a few weeks and never received a response back. I even asked to file a report. Each time I was told that the manager would call me back. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, entirely due to the fact that I was not treated with enough courtesy to even call me back and allow me to place a report.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank gellerj
Reviewed June 20, 2011

the hotel, was clean and upkept very well. i only have one complaint, their coffee was horrible and in short supply! staff didnt seem to think keeping fresh coffee was important on a sunday morning!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ricksteresa31
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Dear Mr. Nelson,
Hello I heard that you are one of the owners of Comstock inn. I am writing you to let you know that this is my 3rd and last stay at your hotel. I realize that you are a very respectful gentlemen in this great community, but this hotel is giving not only you but this community a bad name. I have talked to my co-workers and other quest who have stayed there, its all the same thing. I’m just going to get to the point, I'm sure you’re a very busy man. The man who works at the front desk “Chad” is the most unprofessional, RUDE, and all in all is making your hotel look bad. He is very out spoken, rude to other co-workers, and I can not believe the way he talks to guest, not to mention the older people who stay at your hotel. Just to recall one situation that occurred when I was there is that this older couple came in from out of town who were in front of me at the desk, asked if they could have help getting their bags up to there room. Chad just kind a laughed and said that he doesn’t get paid enough for that. and that was it. At first I thought he was joking, but no he was not! he made this couple who I'm guessing were in their late 70’s caring there things up with no help from him. he could have called someone else to do it. I so wanted to say something to chad, but I instead helped that couple, then went back and paid for my room, with out saying a word to him. every time I stay at your hotel I see him and hear something from other guest on how he acts towards them or other guest. I will not be staying there any longer. nor will any of my co-workers or friends and family. My daughter is getting married this spring and we were going to have her reception at your hotel. I’m afraid this will not be happening anymore. I would rather drive to Lansing then put up with your employee’s “Chad” unprofessionalism and rudeness that he shows to your guest and other co-workers. I’m amazed that you and the other owners of Comstock have such a person working for you. This Chad works at the front desk, so he is the first person every guest sees and the last. He works at the heart of the building and really making it a bad place to stay. You and all the other owners need to step up and look at what is going on at your hotel. It needs a face lift in its employees. I really hope you and other owners do not just own Comstock for the money, and really sit back and take pride in owning a Hotel the only Hotel in Owosso and Corunna that visitors to our community come to, to stay and enjoy our beautiful and historic city. Please I ask you to look into this, check out the complaints that guest leave in their rooms. fix the problems that really need fixing. thank you for your time.... J. R.

• Stayed: December 2010
13  Thank J0hn65
Reviewed November 26, 2010

After reading the reviews here I was expecting a real dive, like some motels I've had to stay at because nothing else was available. Instead, I found the Comstock Inn to be very much like a Holiday Inn. It was very clean, everything worked great, the WiFi was fast and reliable, the pool was small, but nice and warm and the kids and I had a great time swimming. The young man at the counter went out of his way for us on a number of occasions and steered us to a very nice dining experience. It was very close to the Polar Express, which we took to the North Pole in the morning.

I didn't like the bed or the pillow: both were small/thin and left me with a sore back in the morning. But that's my only complaint.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mattclara
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We didn't make 15 minutes. It was obviously a decent hotel in 1981. They have not updated anything. It shows its age with zeal. The staff barely had time to talk to us before we ran away from this dump. I found unwrapped Styrofoam cups that were stained and used stacked for me to use in the room. I made the mistake of allowing my feet to touch the floor. My sandals stuck to my feet all the way to the next hotel. The couch had a tear half way across the top and stuffing hanging out. The rest of the room was equally as crappy. The bed was the cheap one from '81. All of the furniture was damaged on all edges and scuffed to the point of no finish. Some of it barley stood on it's own. Without thinking I stated to put parts to the faucet and drain back on only to find they were so worn they won't stay. Towels were clearly aged and had been hanging in the room for a while. $95 a night was a "discount"!!! I travel for work and I have stayed in places that look like the Bates Motel and had better rooms. Stay in Flint or Durand and drive to Owosso.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Justin2504
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owosso
The Pines Country Inn
#2 of 3 in Owosso
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt

Been to The Comstock Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!