“By far the nicest restuarant in shiawasee county”
Review of Wrought Iron Grill

Wrought Iron Grill
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Owosso
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Good selection of microbrews, excellent service. And although the pickings are slim fo a nice place to eat in the area, I would compare this as greater than most of the nicer places in Lansing. Very impressed.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tonight we happened upon a great find. Whle driving the back roads home, we kept our eye out for a place to eat. When we passed the Wrought Iron Grill, we immediately turned around. The setting in an old factory, was en enticing. We immediately loved the place the moment we walked in and saw the beautiful bar. Kim, our hostess was friendly and seated us in a cozy booth. She also dimmed the lights for us, creating the "just right" mood. Austin came by and greeted us and Autumn took good care of us for the remainder of our evening. She gave good suggestions when trying to decide on food or wines. She was attentive, shared her great smile and brought that Autumn charm to the table. The Bloody Mary, served with a large shrimp, was extra good. The seafood risotto was done to perfection and the morel encrusted scallops was rich and tenderly cooked. We're on our way home now and can't wait to try the rum soaked bread pudding we took home for dessert. What a delightful place to discover! We will make the Wrought Iron Grill a destination for dinner, even though our drive is an hour and a half away. As veteran travelers, we highly recommend this restaurant! Be sure to ask for Autumn to make your experience extra special.

1  Thank 5ofH
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first time at Wrought Iron Grill was fabulous. I had read the reviews about the service, and can say that they have resolved the problem. Collette was our waitress, she was very attentive as were the rest of the staff. I had the evening special; tenderloin medallions with mushrooms and the homemade mashed potatoes. Tender grilled asparagus accompanied the meal. I wish I would have thought to take a picture before I devoured the meal. The lime chicken soup was delicious, and not something I had had the opportunity to taste before. Thank you Wrought Iron Grill, I can't wait to return.

1  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Loved the atmosphere but food was so so and over priced. Great selection of beers and excellent hamburgers.

1  Thank Mac4Me
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were in Owosso on business. Honestly we only ate here because the weather was too bad to go to Okemos or E. Lansing, & I'm so glad we did. The decor is delightful. The restaurant is located in a converted furniture factory. It is quaint & very well done. The food was excellent. I had the blue cheese encrusted sirloin. Perfect. The veggies were fresh & crisp-tender--just what I like. My husband had the rack of lamb. He did everything but lick the plate clean. Dessert was very nice. The creme brulee & chocolate cake were excellent. The price was very reasonable. My sirloin dinner was $18.00. Based on previous trip advisor reviews, I was a little concerned about the service. I needn't have worried. The waitress was friendly & efficient. She was attentive without hovering. My only regret is that we live so far away, otherwise this would be our new favorite restaurant.

Been to Wrought Iron Grill? Share your experiences!