“Love My Home Away From Home”

Genesee-Otter Lake Campgrounds
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otter Lake
Genesee-Otter Lake Campgrounds
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I love my campground!!! I have been all around the country from Floriday to Sturgis. I have been coming here for over three year and never plan on leaving. The prices are very reasonable, lots are a nice size, the new store is awesome from ice cream to pizza, that delivers to your site. It has a nice lake with a beach for families, paddle boats, canoes and fishing. There is a lot to do with children including new game room, put-put golf, swimming, hiking and on holidays games and activities for this kids. This is my second home and already waiting for the new season with a lot of new ideas coming and activies for everyone.

1  Thank Sondra W

Reviewed October 25, 2013

There are so many reasons for there being numerous vacancies while other campgrounds are full but the # 1 reason would be the owners. They can’t separate business from their personal lives.

• They set rules and regulations and they exempt themselves and campground employees.
• Billing is always an issue with them over charging and refusing to remove charges.
• They say they are always open to discuss problems then walk away, hang up on you or not answer door when you try.
• They think they can tell those using the campground what they can talk about, who they can talk to, who they can do things for or help, who they can hang out with, right down to what they can even think. This creates a dictatorship like atmosphere with people being afraid to breathe.
• They evict people, publish their names and warn people that they hope others learn from this.
• They think they can speak to campers rudely even cussing and swearing and yelling at them in front of others and even at your guests.
• There is such an undercurrent of fear and unrest that I could not feel comfortable or relax when I was there.

The straw that broke the camel’s back was on July 11, 2013, Consumers pulled all main electrical meters in the campground. Owners brought in generators and informed all (except a select few) they could not run air conditioners, making it so many could not use their campers due to health issues or high uncomfortable temps. On the 1st morning of generator power, one generator ran out of gas. Thus single phasing power to several campers doing extensive damage, and to this day they have never admitted responsibility. The outage lasted for a good part of 2 months of the summer.

Sad to see what was a really lovely campground destroyed by the owners. You can be a good guy one moment and a bad guy the next depending on which way the owner’s mood is swinging and that’s a constant pendulum. The injustices I witnessed and was put through myself by the owners is unbelievable. It sickened me to see the owners bullying people. I even witnessed their child telling other children that if they didn’t do as they said, they’d have them kicked out.

I could go on and on, but will end now with hopes that this will save many others from going through the nightmare we were put through. We did our time, sorry to say.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank TOP_Unseasonal
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I loved this park. They were friendly, very considerate, and there was a lot of kids having fun. Their beach was very clean and sandy just like I was up north on one of the Great Lakes. They deliver your wood to your site and PIZZA:) They had my site ready, and I didn't have to wait al all for them when I arrived. I had made reservations before hand and It was nice for everything to be ready for my family and I. They also had so many activities for the kids like hay rides, beach activities, free ice cream when the kids were done with their hay ride. I can go on and on about how wonderful this campground was. I will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: I camped in the back by the woods, and it was nice. Felt like I was up north.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Missy K
Reviewed October 23, 2013

You couldn't pay me to return to this campground. It was a disaster -- campsites promoted as "lakefront" are on a swamp, you can't reserve (and pay for) a site in advance and hope to get it when you arrive, activities are cancelled at the last minute because the regulars don't want to work them (I don't blame them, they're there to relax too!), wi-fi was shut off, power was half on/half off (they ran on generators for five weeks in July/August, so we couldn't run our air), bathrooms are dirty, and to top it off, the staff was nasty and rude when asked about problems.

7  Thank Susan S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Campground seemed great @ first. Then started noticing amenity's not keep up. Electricity doesn't work 1/2 the time. And, everything seemed quite dirty. Including the lake, bathrooms, and store. When mentioning it to the owners they got hostile and irate. Plus they charged us for items that we did not have done. Do not recommend this campground.

4  Thank nancy s

Been to Genesee-Otter Lake Campgrounds? Share your experiences!