Huron House Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
All reviewslake huronsunrise roomhot tubprivate deckbreakfast deliveredevening dessertromantic getawayeach morningthe sun risemoon shadowlittle toucheswatching the sunrisehouse bed and breakfastinn keeperswonderful weekendfresh fruitsandy beach
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We just spent an overnight stay at the beautiful Huron House on Lake Huron in Oscoda MI. Nothing could have been better! We stayed in the Sunrise Suite & I think the beautiful decor (and comfort of it), cleanliness (both inside the suite & outside grounds), view of the lake & hospitality of the staff was magnificent! Couldn't have been any better, will definetly return!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband & I stayed here to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary- our very first stay at a Bed & Breakfast. This place was pure perfection from the minute we checked in until the minute we signed the guest book to leave. The lady who checked us in had the friendliest personality- what a wonderful person to have greeting the guests! She walked us right to our room & explained a few functions. They had champagne (the best we've tasted) chilling with rose petals strewn on the table- how romantic! We stayed in the Iargo room, the only room with an outdoor & indoor jacuzzi tub but no view of the lake (who cares in the winter!). If you are staying here in the winter I would highly suggest this room, in the summer you might a room with a view of the lake. There was a fireplace & a very comfy king bed. They even had candles & candle holders! Don't forget to bring your own bubble bath! The outdoor hot tub was completely fenced in for privacy. I can only wish we would've stayed here on our actual wedding night! They had menus for several area restaurants right in their lobby which was very nice for us since we were from out of town. We did go out for dinner, but the room is so cozy & romantic I recommend ordering in! We really didn't want to leave the room. They served a light breakfast in the morning right to our room- you pick the time. The syrup that was drizzled over the croissant was absolutely delicious, along with an assortment of fresh fruit, fresh juice & coffee. We were sad to have only been staying for 1 night! We will definitely stay here again- we were a little hesitant about a bed & breakfast but we loved it! You won't see or hear anyone else & it doesn't get more romantic, in Michigan:), than this place!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2007

After checking out their website, I thought what a great looking place to stay. So we got a group of six together for the weekend and headed to the Huron House. My husband and I stayed in the Alabaster room. The other 2 couples stayed in the Corsair and AuSable rooms. These rooms are just as pictured on the web site. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have a great garden. Wonderful deck to sit and relax. A bbq grill if you would like to cook your own dinner. Beach chairs for the beach. With the warm weather the first weekend of October, we were able to lay out on the beach and just relax. The breakfast was good. Not your standard eggs and bacon. For those who like a hearty breakfast this could be a disappointment, but we all enjoyed it. Before we left, we decided we would come back for a longer weekend next year. Now we just need to pick a date. While we were there we drove the scenic river drive along the AuSable river. I highly recommend it. Very beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2007

After viewing the company's website and booking a reservation, the Huron House completely exceeded my expectations for a romantic getaway! It is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the Iosco Private Suite and it was perfect. Your own private balcony with hot tub. Upon arrival to our room we received a bottle of champagne. The room was huge and you couldn't ask for a more comfortable king size feather bed! The private beach was beautiful and well kept. Would recommend this place to anyone and I can't wait to go back for future getaways!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Three years ago, I was online looking for a nice place to go for the weekend in Oscoda. I came upon the Huron House's web site and knew immediately that it was the place for us.
At their site, you can view a 360 degree of each room. Each room has a slightly different theme, but you can count on all of them being beautiful.
First, these rooms are HUGE. I really think that the Negwegeon (the room we stayed in most recently) is bigger than the apartment my wife and I lived in when we got married. Nearly all of the rooms have gas fireplaces (warning: when they get going they REALLY kick off the heat).
All but 2 of the 14 rooms have a private deck with chairs and a table for you to enjoy the view of Lake Huron. And it is a gorgeous view! The waves crashing on the shore... the white sandy beach... it's easy to get lost in that view.
Now the beds in these rooms... well I often tell people that if there was any way I could steal these beds, I would! These are the biggest beds I have ever slept in, both in area and height. The feathertopped mattresses combined with the sound of the waves outside virtually guarentee a great night of sleep.
The other main feature of the rooms is the hot tubs. Each room has its own hot tub, some inside the room, and some out on your deck. Personally, we prefer the indoor ones. They are smaller , but you fill them each time you use them so there is no need to treat the water with chemicals. Both are nice though, so it comes down to whatever you prefer.
The breakfasts are served on a tray to your door at a time of your choosing. The breakfast is on the light side, but very tasty and beautifully presented.
So in case you haven't picked up on it yet, yes, my wife and I love the Huron House. If you feel like treating yourself to a little luxury, check it out!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple