“April Night Away”

Ranked #1 of 3 Oscoda B&B and Inns
Croswell, Michigan, United States
“April Night Away”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try to get away.We tried Huron House.The AWESOME lake views were amazing sitting in the outdoor Hot tub.Even with the snow flakes hitting our heads.We were lucky to see the Moonrise and Sunrise.Our Breakfast Quiche was wonderful. Definitely will come back.Thank You.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fay K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Harrisville, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I try to get some "alone" time a few times a year. Several years back I stopped by the Huron House to get their rates and check out the rooms. Wow! All the rooms are so beautiful! Nothing like a typical hotel room. More the your "dream" master bedroom suite! It's couples only so their were no thump thump thump of kids running around. It's quiet, so romantic, and the bottle of champagne by the jacuzzi tub didn't hurt either. Words cannot express how great this place is. This is and always will be our offical getaway place when were ready to shut out the rest of the world. Highly, highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous!!!
1 Thank amy b
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have stayed many times and have never been disappointed by the crisp clean rooms, beautifully and tastefully appointed and unspoiled lake views. The rooms are so clean, you feel like you are the first to stay. The outdoor hot tub sparkled, cozy fireplace, comfy bedding. One suggestion would be plush robes, which are not provided. My husband has commented time and time again about the skimpy breakfast. He says it is hardly enough fuel to get him to Tim Hortons. We had a beautiful plate of fruit and a small piece of quiche with juice and coffee. The meal would have benefited from a muffin or roll. It is a bit delicate for anyone with a real appetite in the morning!

10 stars for the "bed", you will find nothing more beautiful or relaxing ANYWHERE!
3 stars for the "breakfast". It does not do the experience justice.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and could hear the folks above us walking around. While I enjoyed the fir...
1 Thank Nicsmom101
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Iosco suite is a luxury made affordable! A cozy, yet spacious room; a private deck with a hot tub; fridge and microwave; a satisfying, delicious breakfast (that changed!) every morning; and a most breath-taking view of the Huron River are just some of the reasons why Huron House is the best B&B around!

I can hardly articulate how grateful I am to Bev, Roslyn, and all of the staff for making my 4-night stay (and Spring Break) more than I could ask for. Their winter rate is a great deal; I am a student and even I was able to treat myself and my boyfriend to the Huron House and the wonders of the Michigan coast.

Room Tip: All lake-front rooms are east-facing, so be prepared for a sunny morning. The only non-lake-front r...
1 Thank Lisa C
Grand Blanc MI
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The winter weather provided sunshine so we decided to drive to Oscoda to the Huron House. I appreciate when we call how professional and caring Bev is. The stay was peaceful and relaxing. The bed and linens were so comfortable. It has been awhile since I slept so well. For those who are tight on budget, check out any specials they may offer. I love getting breakfast delivered to the room without any extra surcharge. I cannot wait to return!

1 Thank gwkelley
Clio, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We haven't even stayed in our soon to be beautiful room yet. Wanting to let everyone out there know that I have had to call and cancel my date and reschedule 3 times due to our hectic lifestyle. They have always responded to my emails or phone calls quickly and with out hesitation. I am so glad I can count on them to always be friendly no matter what. THANK YOU Huron House.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Klynn97
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Sunrise Suite with it's panoramic view is absolutely perfect for watching the sun rise over the lake. The room was very clean and private. The staff are very friendly and on top of everything. The bedding is extremely comfortable and the room was large. The fireplace was great for the winter weather. The snow out over the lake was breathtaking. We stayed for two nights and would not hesitate to return and can't wait to see it in the summer.

Room Tip: You definitely want to stay on the lake side. Can't beat the panoramic view!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oscoda
Camp Inn Lodge
#7 of 10 in Oscoda
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas

Been to Huron House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!