“Wonderful Hotel in Oscoda MI”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Oscoda
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel in Oscoda MI”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I had a suite with a fireplace. The staff were wondeful.. amazing... awesome! When I go back to Oscoda I will stay at this hotel for sure!

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank IwannaBtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Harrison Twp, Mi
Reviewed April 4, 2010

My wife & I chose The Americinn as it's centrally located to where we were spending our Easter Weekend. I've been reading these other reviews and frankly, I'm at a loss. it's Oscoda folks; there's no Marriott, Hyatt, and for goodness sakes, that Hilton kid isn't going to show up here. The Americinn is it and it serves it's purpose very well. We arrived early on Saturday 4/3/10 and check in was smooth and uneventful. The clerk was full of smiles and polite beyond all means. The lobby was welcoming, airy and clean. The pool was perfect for our kids and the hottub/whirlpool was perfect for my wife and I. The rooms were clean, spacious, and bright. The bathroom too was clean and well lit. The sink is located outside the bathroom area which is perfect for families. Ok, the beds leave something to be desired I have to admit, and the evening clerk that night was a tad snappy when my wife arrived back from the store w/food and wanted to check if we were in the pool. I ask you, what hotels have perfect beds? And the day clerks chipper mood and attitude more then made up for the snappiness the night before.

We didn't get to sample the breakfast much to my disappointment. The coffee however was delicious and the small dining area welcomed us with a large Happy Easter sign. I'll add too that the lobby and dining area were packed this Easter Morning with guests who WERE enjoying their meals!

So in conclusion, please disregard the sourness of some of the reviews of Oscoda's Americinn. It's not perfect by say Miami Beach or Manhattan standards, but for an Up North, Oscoda, Mi standard it IS perfect and when our cabin is closed for the winter we will continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeffrey G
Michigan
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The rates are very high for such low quality. Antiquated in every way, Raggedy drapes and bed spreads. Food was a joke---yuckkkkkkk. Very old decor.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oneladyinred
Dorr, MI 49323 US
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Pool/ hot-tub area CLOSED although website or reservation said nothing about it. Same $$
Clerk was unfriendly
We request late check out (so grandson could take mid morning nap) was told NO
Room Key cards did not work to get in room
No movie channels as stated online
Overly firm? beds
And to top it off when we got home my credit card was charged more than the agreed amount to which you have to sign at check in AND and check out.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sistoou
SE Michigan
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Light bulbs burnt out, pool was green and hot tub was not working -- ALL WEEKEND. No manager on site to speak to, but was given a huge 20% discount for our troubles. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone. Very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michigan1230
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We needed a home base four our Oscoda weekend. I reserved the king executive room to give my wife and I some room as well as a fold out couch for the kids. It worked out great for a family of four. I highly recommend this option since the room was so much larger. All amenities are as good as they ever were and staff is still helpful and friendly. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This hotel was great..very clean and the staff was helpful. The river view was very good. But I can't say I was impressed with the beds..it felt like the springs were ready to poke thru the little cushion that was on the bed.

Still for the price this hotel is worthwhile.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oscoda
Camp Inn Lodge
Tawas Bay Beach Resort
Tawas Bay Beach Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Huron House Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River? Share your experiences!