“Very Nice Folks”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Oscoda
Marquette, Michigan
“Very Nice Folks”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This past weekend we had several families in Oscoda for a funeral. The people at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda were very nice to all of the guests and the service was outstanding. The place was very clean and we were quite satisfied with the various amenities.

A special request to email me a variety of room receipts having different check-out dates was completed on-time and accurately.

I would recommend this place without any hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
americinn09, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. We enjoyed having you stay with us. I hope you can come back again in better weather and for a happy event. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Detroit
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I go to Oscoda for buisness and have stayed at several hotels/inns in the area. This is the best. The staff is friendly. The room was clean. The area was quite. Breakfast was good. Next time I bring my bathing suit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
americinn09, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your good review. I appreciate your kind words and taking the time to give us a review. I will pass your comments along to the staff. Come back soon!
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stay here because it is located very near family who we come to visit. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and the myriad of kids that I bring are always treated well. I rented 3 rooms, two queen beds x 2 and a king whirlpool suite--they were all terrific. The breakfast isn't 5 star but I don't expect that and the kids love being able to choose what they like. Thanks again for a great stay--I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
americinn09, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments. I appreciate the note about the breakfast. We are trying but can only do so much. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed December 10, 2012

There were two employees that I had direct contact with during my stay. I called the front desk and spoke to Kim at 9PM. I explained that I would like to use the sauna upon arrival and could someone turn it on ahead of time? When I arrived at 10PM it was at a perfect temperature. This was something that went above and beyond in my book. Sharon, who was working the front desk I think, came into the pool area at 12 Midnight to close up. When she saw that I was still in the area she didn’t demand that I leave at that moment as has happened to me at other hotels. She said she would return in a short time and I was able to take a shower before I left. This too I greatly appreciated. Over all it was a very pleasant stay and a joy to be treated with courtesy and respect by such a professional staff. 12-6-2012

Room Tip: If you have heavy equipment as I do when I travel (photographer) ask for a room on the first floor o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shooter692
americinn09, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. A good word is always appreciated.
Macomb, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is always clean! The staff are always friendly and helpful. The view of the Au Sable is very nice in the fall. I enjoyed the fishing area across the street from the hotel as well as the guest only area right on the river. I have stayed here on multiple occasions and plan to return when I vacation in Oscoda.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
americinn09, Owner at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We appreciate your comments. Thanks for staying with us!
Michigan
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our employees always request this hotel while traveling on business, I have been putting people here for years, the reviews are always positive. The guys are seasoned travelers so they know what they are talking about when it comes to hotels. The Americinn is clean, comfortable, quiet and in a great location off of the busy road. * It is a little tricky to find because it is off of the main road a bit but no worries. For the first time last weekend I myself traveled to Oscoda to take my Mom on a color tour. I can tell you first hand that the people who work here could not be more helpful or accomodating. The continental breakfast was nice, muffins, boiled eggs, toast and waffles, milk, juice etc, was well stocked. Okay, have to be honest, I only tried the gravy and bisquit and I really did not like the gravy but I did enjoy the juice and milk, I really didn't care about the food portion anyway since I love to go out for breakfast it was fine. The hotel is so clean, they really do a great job. The pool area was clean, nice perfect temps on the hot tub and the pool. The room was clean, great little refrigerator and microwave came in handy, and the view of the AuSable River was really nice, it was fun to watch people stop and fish along the shores. When I called to make the reservation "Becky" was a massive help, after I told her I was coming up with my Mom she suggested that we make reservations on the "River Queen" paddleboat to take a color tour up the AuSable, that was an awesome suggestion and Mom LOVED IT! This is not an "upity" place which is great because we are not "upity" type peeps. Becky and everyone at the Americinn Oscoda deserve kudos for a job well done. They never fail to meet and exceed our expectations. I highly recommend this hotel and area.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator (there may be one I just didn't see one) so if you are traveling wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I appreciate your kind words and will pass them along. I'm glad you had a chance to visit the place you have been sending your people. We really appreciate the business.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent accommodation. myself and 17year old son Just stayed the one night went to fish but the wind was high and fishing was poor so cancled 2nd night, Very personable and friendly staff. Very quiet. Very good breakfast. used the pool and hot tub the spa was broken. Would stay there again when I am in the area.Overall very pleased

Room Tip: used the pool and hot tub the spa was broken
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oscoda
Camp Inn Lodge
Tawas Bay Beach Resort
Tawas Bay Beach Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Huron House Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River? Share your experiences!