AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Bambi Motel(East Tawas)
View Hotel
All reviewsausable riverplace to staythe au sable riversuper clean roomswafflesno elevatorhot tubbreakfast was excellentbiscuits and gravyfloor roomwaffle makerthe breakfast areaindoor poolriver viewfirst floorfresh fruitcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2007

I took my family up to Oscoda for a work trip, (While I worked they played) and the Hotel was wonderful. From the minute I called in the reservation, the staff was every friendly and helpful. The place was neat and clean and very family friendly. They could probably get newer beds, but that is the only complaint.
I will not hesitate staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 20, 2007

My family and I, including my husband and 4 kids booked 2 rooms for the 6 of us to stay here while we were visiting for my niece's wedding. My niece's dad recommened this place and when you walk in, it is very beautiful. One disadvantage is handicap accessibility. My mother in law and father in law stayed here with us in a 3rd room and there is no elevator (my mother in law has bad knees and trouble walking. The Inn is right on the Au Sable River and you can walk across a small road right to the beach. Lake Huron is right across the highway, you can also walk there if you desire. There are beautiful suites here that include private jacuzzis, as well as regular rooms. Very clean. The staff is very hospitable, one disadvantage, no bell services for luggage. There is an indoor pool, as well as a jacuzzi spa and sauna for use of all guests. The indoor pool is perfect if you have children the deepest part is 5 feet, lowest is 3 ft. In the "Indoor Pool Area" there is a large restroom where you can shower before entering the jacuzzi spa (which seats 12) or after you get out of the pool or sauna. They do not provide a lifeguard for this service but children are not admitted without an adult. There are both non smoking as well as smoking rooms and you can choose whichever one you want. We needed extra towels, they were brought immediately. Also they have free high speed internet. You can not beat the price you pay here for the service. There is complimentary continental breakfast from 5am to 10am. There is a nice lounge area and they even have games they loan to the children to keep them occupied. There is coffee and tea available 24/7 in the lobby, which is also very clean. There is a coffee pot with coffee or tea in a basket for your preference. There is a refrigerator and microwave in each room also. Also a hair dryer and steam iron are in each room and any personal items forgotten, such as razors, toothpaste, etc will be provided by the hotel at no extra cost. Theay also alllow late ceckouts. Like I said, highly recommended. We stayed on a weekend (a total of 3 nights and 4 days) and the prices were unbeatable!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2006

A friend and I had occasion to visit the Tawas/Oscode area for a birdwatching trip. We chose to stay at AmericInn Oscoda and we were very pleased with that decision. It is a very nice small motel. The rooms are very clean, modern and roomy. The front desk staff was very cordial. The lady who checked us in found out we were bird watchers and gave us a map and some advice on where to go to see some wonderful birds. The only negative I could find was the breakfast. There weren't too many items and there was no microwave.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed September 5, 2006

My children and myself have stayed now 2 times at this Americinn Hotel. We are more than pleased with it here. I can't believe how reasonable the rooms cost for how nice and spacious they are. I usually get the King Sofa room, which is very large and the bed is comfortable too! The kids have a blast playing in the pool & hot tub. There are even games up by the front desk for them to choose from to play in your rooms. The continental breakfast is a nice added bonus. My sister has come with us and got her own room each time and she is also more than satisfied with it here. She specifically asked if we could stay again at this hotel when we came again in July. We have stayed in both Winter and Summer and both times we are more than pleased with everything! The hotel staff are extremely nice and go out of there way for their guests! I absolutely will stay here again the next time I am vising the Oscoda area!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryBabcock
A TripAdvisor Member
flint, mi (formerly of Oscoda)
Reviewed March 30, 2004

My husband and I (as well as all of our guests) stayed at the AmericInn on our wedding night. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were nice.
We were able to pick from 3 suites. Ours was beautiful. The room was huge, and we had a hot tub by the fire place. It was the perfect start to our life together. Our guest were also very pleased with the rooms, service and cost (they gave us a great deal on the guest rooms and gave us our suite for free!!!!!). All said that they will stay at the AmericInn when they return to Oscoda. Being from the area and living there most of my life, I can honestly say that this is the best hotel in Oscoda. Enjoy your stay!!!!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member