“One of the best places we've ever stayed.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Oscoda
Reviewed October 13, 2011

One of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed at. Staff very friendly. Brkfst. might be a little more extensive, but very acceptable for an 'expanded continental.' The coffee was BREWED and good. Only real complaint is that the mattress was a little thin and could feel some springs in it. Still slept well, though. Pool/hot tub/dry sauna were all PERFECT! Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Recently enjoyed an overnight stay at this Americinn. Our stay was in the Foote Suite, second floor with a Jacuzzi tub. The property has a smaller footprint than other Americinns we've stayed in, but the hotel personnel execute the brand identity to a tee.

As others have said, it's off US23 about a block and a half. And a bit tricky to find.

Our room was spacious and clean and quiet. Nice flat screen TV (poor reception from a few stations). The room also had coffee service, a mini-refrigerator and compact microwave oven.

The lobby features a canteen from which a nicely chosen breakfast can be put together. Also in the lobby is a comfortable sitting area and a Business Center--desktop computer and printer only.

We would recommend this property to others and stay here ourselves when in the area.

Room Tip: No elevator, so handicap access is limited to first floor rooms.
1  Thank jimmyk64
Reviewed September 27, 2011

For a low price hotel it had all the basics that one would expect. The staff was friendly, the room clean and it was always quiet. The continental breakfast was good. My one complaint was the bed. I could feel every spring poking my side and it was much too firm for my liking.

1  Thank msuadamc
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We came up to Oscoda to stay at a local bed & breakfast but there were no vacancies for the first night of our getaway. We found the AmericInn of Oscoda online but didn't reserve a room..... we were going to just pop in. Well, that almost backfired, there' we're two wedding parties in town and it was completely booked up! Well, we got lucky and there was ONE cancellation. I'm glad there was. I happen to be a firefighter and was given a discount. The room cost me around $70...... you can't believe what a bargain that was. Our room was 116, a corner room with a king-sized bed. It was huge! I've paid 3 times that for a so-called "beach resort" down the road and it's no comparision. The staff.... I just wish I could remember her name. When we first walked in she was vacuuming the lobby. I good indicator this is a clean place. Honestly probably to cleanest hotel I've stayed in for a very long time. Even our bathroom was spotless. And trust me, my wife is a clean-freak when it comes to that stuff! But all of the staff we in good moods, attentive, and always friendly. Great facilities: Pool, hot tube, wireless, etc..... all in great order. The property is located right on the AuSable River. My wife and I strolled the river with a glass of wine. Honestly, if we hadn't had reservations for the B & B we probably would've stayed here a couple more nights. We'll definitely be back with the kids next summer. STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 116. It's in the corner and probably one of the largest on the property.
1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is not on the highway, which makes it quiter because you don't hear the traffic. It is in a residential area and a little hard to find, but the service makes up for it. We stayed in room 227 which is near the stairs and for the most part we didn't hear anyone. There was one exception in our 3 night stay as 2 men came in around 2am and were loud. The hot tub was exactly that and was a nice relaxing at the end of the day. Breakfast was very nice and there were quite a few choices. When asked about local attractions and restaurants the staff was very helpful. The view was nice as well. The television could have been newer and there was a stain on the carpet, but overall it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was bit hard to find as it is off the main highway through Oscoda in more of a residential area, but that actually made it a quieter location. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the morning breakfast was fine. We thought it was an excellent value for the money, and we would definitely stay here again (if we could get in!--we stayed on a Thursday night, and we heard they were booked solid for the following weekend).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan29942
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We spent a rainy/snowy April weekend at the AmericInn on an early anniversary trip and summer-cottage-hunting adventure. I had read the other reviews here and pretty much knew what to expect, and that's pretty much what I got. We ordered up a king room with a jacuzzi that went for $133 a night. The room was spacious and very clean and had a neat view of the Au Sable River and the US-23 bridge between Au Sable and Oscoda. And now the complaints: oy, that mattress. I'd swear I could feel the individual steel wires jamming into my back. I have kind of a twitchy back anyway and was in agony both nights. REPLACE THE MATTRESS IN ROOM 119 NOW!! Other quibbles -- the shower had such a flow-restricted head that it took me forever to get my hair wet (wound up washing my hair under the faucet in the Jacuzzi). Then there was the crappy, 20 year old 25 inch CRT TV with the blurry picture. C'mon, people, 32 inch flat panels are well under $300, take the plunge! On the other hand the staff was terrific and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The sound insulation that AmericInn brags about really is striking -- you can't hear a darn thing through the walls, which is unusual for most budget and midpriced hotel chains (and even some very expensive properties). The pool and whirlpool were great. (Although the whirlpool was shut down for service Sunday morning -- oh well, we just used the one in our room.) The continental breakfast was adequate to get you going in the morning. And the location is convenient for Au Sable adventures. Really, just replace the dang mattress and I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank madmatthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oscoda
Camp Inn Lodge
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Huron House Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River? Share your experiences!