“Decent place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Oscoda
DeWitt, MI
“Decent place to stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

For a low price hotel it had all the basics that one would expect. The staff was friendly, the room clean and it was always quiet. The continental breakfast was good. My one complaint was the bed. I could feel every spring poking my side and it was much too firm for my liking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msuadamc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We came up to Oscoda to stay at a local bed & breakfast but there were no vacancies for the first night of our getaway. We found the AmericInn of Oscoda online but didn't reserve a room..... we were going to just pop in. Well, that almost backfired, there' we're two wedding parties in town and it was completely booked up! Well, we got lucky and there was ONE cancellation. I'm glad there was. I happen to be a firefighter and was given a discount. The room cost me around $70...... you can't believe what a bargain that was. Our room was 116, a corner room with a king-sized bed. It was huge! I've paid 3 times that for a so-called "beach resort" down the road and it's no comparision. The staff.... I just wish I could remember her name. When we first walked in she was vacuuming the lobby. I good indicator this is a clean place. Honestly probably to cleanest hotel I've stayed in for a very long time. Even our bathroom was spotless. And trust me, my wife is a clean-freak when it comes to that stuff! But all of the staff we in good moods, attentive, and always friendly. Great facilities: Pool, hot tube, wireless, etc..... all in great order. The property is located right on the AuSable River. My wife and I strolled the river with a glass of wine. Honestly, if we hadn't had reservations for the B & B we probably would've stayed here a couple more nights. We'll definitely be back with the kids next summer. STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 116. It's in the corner and probably one of the largest on the property.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher L
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is not on the highway, which makes it quiter because you don't hear the traffic. It is in a residential area and a little hard to find, but the service makes up for it. We stayed in room 227 which is near the stairs and for the most part we didn't hear anyone. There was one exception in our 3 night stay as 2 men came in around 2am and were loud. The hot tub was exactly that and was a nice relaxing at the end of the day. Breakfast was very nice and there were quite a few choices. When asked about local attractions and restaurants the staff was very helpful. The view was nice as well. The television could have been newer and there was a stain on the carpet, but overall it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was bit hard to find as it is off the main highway through Oscoda in more of a residential area, but that actually made it a quieter location. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the morning breakfast was fine. We thought it was an excellent value for the money, and we would definitely stay here again (if we could get in!--we stayed on a Thursday night, and we heard they were booked solid for the following weekend).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan29942
detroit
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We spent a rainy/snowy April weekend at the AmericInn on an early anniversary trip and summer-cottage-hunting adventure. I had read the other reviews here and pretty much knew what to expect, and that's pretty much what I got. We ordered up a king room with a jacuzzi that went for $133 a night. The room was spacious and very clean and had a neat view of the Au Sable River and the US-23 bridge between Au Sable and Oscoda. And now the complaints: oy, that mattress. I'd swear I could feel the individual steel wires jamming into my back. I have kind of a twitchy back anyway and was in agony both nights. REPLACE THE MATTRESS IN ROOM 119 NOW!! Other quibbles -- the shower had such a flow-restricted head that it took me forever to get my hair wet (wound up washing my hair under the faucet in the Jacuzzi). Then there was the crappy, 20 year old 25 inch CRT TV with the blurry picture. C'mon, people, 32 inch flat panels are well under $300, take the plunge! On the other hand the staff was terrific and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The sound insulation that AmericInn brags about really is striking -- you can't hear a darn thing through the walls, which is unusual for most budget and midpriced hotel chains (and even some very expensive properties). The pool and whirlpool were great. (Although the whirlpool was shut down for service Sunday morning -- oh well, we just used the one in our room.) The continental breakfast was adequate to get you going in the morning. And the location is convenient for Au Sable adventures. Really, just replace the dang mattress and I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank madmatthew
Harrison Twp, Mi
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Even after a late start and a very late arrival, we were happily welcomed in the wee hours of the morning by a member of the friendly staff of Oscoda's Americinn.

We've stayed at this property several times and will continue to do so when we're in the Oscoda area when our cabin is shut down for the winter. Once again the staff was friendly and professional. This time the beds were welcoming and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious! The pool was large and the hot tub was just that: Hot and incredibly relaxing. There is nothing that I can't say bad about the Americinn here in Oscoda, it's inexpensive, clean, and the staff is out of this world.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We have stayed at this motel twice and have been very satisfied. For $90 we had a king-size bed and a sofa; very spacious. It is a little south of the center of Oscoda, but you need a car to get around anyway. The indoor pool area was very nice and the free breakfast had lots of choices, including hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, bagels,etc.
There is also a computer in the lobby for guests who don't bring their laptops.
It is an ideal location if you are driving along River Road to see the Au Sable River. We enjoy coming in the fall to see the colors and hike the High Banks Trail, but it is a beautiful area year-round. Both times we stayed here, it was sold out when we arrived, so plan in advance in high season.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oscoda
Camp Inn Lodge
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Huron House Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River? Share your experiences!