We spent a rainy/snowy April weekend at the AmericInn on an early anniversary trip and summer-cottage-hunting adventure. I had read the other reviews here and pretty much knew what to expect, and that's pretty much what I got. We ordered up a king room with a jacuzzi that went for $133 a night. The room was spacious and very clean and had a neat view of the Au Sable River and the US-23 bridge between Au Sable and Oscoda. And now the complaints: oy, that mattress. I'd swear I could feel the individual steel wires jamming into my back. I have kind of a twitchy back anyway and was in agony both nights. REPLACE THE MATTRESS IN ROOM 119 NOW!! Other quibbles -- the shower had such a flow-restricted head that it took me forever to get my hair wet (wound up washing my hair under the faucet in the Jacuzzi). Then there was the crappy, 20 year old 25 inch CRT TV with the blurry picture. C'mon, people, 32 inch flat panels are well under $300, take the plunge! On the other hand the staff was terrific and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The sound insulation that AmericInn brags about really is striking -- you can't hear a darn thing through the walls, which is unusual for most budget and midpriced hotel chains (and even some very expensive properties). The pool and whirlpool were great. (Although the whirlpool was shut down for service Sunday morning -- oh well, we just used the one in our room.) The continental breakfast was adequate to get you going in the morning. And the location is convenient for Au Sable adventures. Really, just replace the dang mattress and I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Oscoda: We have 47 rooms, located on the beautiful AuSable River, with a variety of room types including king, double queen, fireplace and whirlpool suites. Perfect for business or pleasure. Fishing, canoeing and kayaking at the doorstep or jump right on your snowmobile or ORV for direct access to the trails of the beautiful Huron National Forest. Turn at the yellow flasher just south of the bridge and look for us to your right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oscoda - AuSable River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Oscoda _ Ausable River Hotel Oscoda
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Oscoda _ Ausable River
- Americinn Hotel Oscoda