“Huge portions great price”

Mama's Country Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 31 Restaurants in Oscoda
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We noticed Mama's the first time driving through Oscoda and made a point to remember to try it out and we certainly were not disappointed. I ordered the Philly Cheese and the portion was huge, as was my husbands trio sandwich - both with fries and were both very good. Food and drinks were both served quickly and the staff were very friendly.

1  Thank jray2436
There are newer reviews for Mama's Country Kitchen

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had lunch at Mama's country kitchen. It's what I would call a little Mom & Pop place. The burger my husband had was large and good, but not great. The Reuben sandwich I had though was awesome. Would highly suggest the reuben sandwich!

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, nothing special but plenty of it. Service was prompt; waitresses' attitude - abrupt at best. Maybe because we were not local they didn't see any reason to be pleasant.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

One visit I ordered the Italian sub, a chicken breast with mozzarella cheese -- which was really good. So I ordered it the next week, but got chicken with Swiss cheese, which I loathe. The owner/cook came out to find out why I didn't like my meal and claimed mozzarella cheese is a misprint on the menu and they use Swiss cheese for it, never mozzarella (on an Italian sandwich -- right). He lied instead of apologizing and offering to fix it. The waitress on this particular visit seemed to be brain dead -- I watched what she wrote down and she didn't get it right -- I had to MAKE her correct the orders. The french fries are barely warm -- even if you order them well done. The bread comes packaged in baggies. The food is cheap, but you really do get what you pay for (sometimes). The soups are pretty routinely awful -- they sit on the stove for days, it seems. Mostly the waitresses are pretty nice, but don't ask for anything special (like a hamburger with no bun -- does not compute!)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice basic place but they could use some updating of the menu to reflect more interesting choices. But this is true of all Oscoda restaurants--they are lost in the past when people ate plain food.

1  Thank Kathleen G