“I love Lakewood Shores!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lakewood Shores Resort - Blackshire Golf Course
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Oscoda
More attraction details
Owner description: Spread over less than 200 acres of rugged and natural landscape, this 18-hole championship golf course has the look and feel of New Jersey's famous Pine Valley Country Club.
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I have been to Lakewood Shores Resort several times over the past few years and love it more everytime I stay there. This summer was especially special because my whole family was able to join my husband and I. We stayed in the two bedroom jacuzzi condos and they were wonderful. The golf courses were all in immaculate condition. The staff was so helpful and understanding to some of the "older" members of my family. I would never go anywhere else. All my vacation time is spent at Lakewood Shore Resort!

1  Thank missftball
There are newer reviews for Lakewood Shores Resort - Blackshire Golf Course

Reviewed July 20, 2008

This course is harder than the Serradella. LOTS of sand.
As for the resort-- everything was top notch and friendly. The room (#100) in new section was immaculate and offered a small frig, flat screen tv, coffee maker and balcony overlooking the Serradella and a miniature "practice" course many guests tinkered on in the evenings.
Reception and staff were very friendly...even the cook met us! Food was great. I can't imagine anyone giving this place a bad review. I'm very picky and they were great.

See my detailed review under the Blackstone course for more information.

1  Thank lsptraveler
Reviewed June 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I just came back from this “resort”. The courses were beautiful, well maintained, and the room was clean, but this is where the good rating ends. Finding this resort/main office was hard enough due to lack of signage. We had to phone in from the condo area to be told the main office was ¼ mile from the resort rooms.
The reception we received was just awful. We were not given a greeting, or even a smile. We were told to pay the bill, given a key, and were left standing there.
The room was spacious, and clean, but had broken window blinds in the bedroom, a broken window handle, and instead of a queen/king size bed (or even a double), two twin beds were pushed together.
The dinning room service was terrible. The meal plan is a waste, as you are given a $14.00 allowance for your meal, and are up-charged for everything else on the menu. The food was palatable, (except for the breakfast- microwave scrambled eggs), but the food came to the table cold, the salad had wilted lettuce and the soup was canned.
The pro shop was a little shocking. You were barely greeted when you came in with your bags. They did not offer any information as to the state of the course, were the range was (the range is in awful condition), where the courses were (they have three) and you had to fetch your own cart from the line up and place in your own bags (not something you would expect from a “top” course).
The worst of it was the electric water heater (located in the living room closet). We smelled burning plastic and were looking around the area to find the source. My boyfriend opened the closet door, and the valve on the top of the water heater blew open and an arc of electricity shot out from it. This resulted in a blown fuse, and no hot water.
The kicker is that, as it was 12am, there was no-one on duty to call. They shut down completely for the night, and you are on your own. The next day, when we told the receptionist what happened, she doubted us and gave us a rain-check to play a course (a lot of good that is as we live in Canada- a 4hr trip away). The manager was nowhere to be seen, even if just to offer an apology.
I would play the courses again, but I will never go there to stay again. Save your money, stay somewhere else!!!!

1  Thank SMF123
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Upon making my reservation I was told no cancellation policy, which was fine I was definately coming, however reservations agent sounded to be 14 years old and couldn't give any confirmation of my room... this was unsettling. I was promised a room with a king sized bed, non smoking, however when I checked in, I was given two twin beds pushed together. This probably wouldn't have been the worst except it was obvious the room was for two twin beds with the night stands and wall mounted light fixtures. The linens didn't even fit the beds... and were very worn. The bathroom had hair all over the floor. During the first night there was a party between 3 or so rooms that lasted past 3am just down from our room. I tried calling the desk, but there wasn't anyone to answer a phone... only could leave a message. No one called to apologize or offer to move or anything the next day. I would never again stay there, I recommend staying at Surfside Heights which is actually on Lake Huron and absolutely wonderful.

3  Thank jrpicturegirl