“This is the real #2 place in Oscoda”
Review of Wiltse's Brew Pub

Wiltse's Brew Pub
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Oscoda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
South Branch, Michigan
“This is the real #2 place in Oscoda”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

How Desi's has the #2 spot is beyond me. In order: Taits Bill of Fare, Wiltse's, and then the rest. O.K. this place is a little pricey but the menu items aren't exactly like every other restaurant in the North, nice beer selection on tap, clean and crisp inside. Have eaten here several times and the experience has always been good. Good wait staff.

Michigan
“Cheers Re-visited”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is such a charming place, I highly recommend it. I am a beer lover unfortunately that night I was not in the mood for beer, but I really want to go back again and try all of them. There were 3 in our party and we all agreed it was a great place to go. Prices were not bad at all, Mom had the pan fried lake perch (and she is fussy about her perch), she said it was maybe some of the best, if not the best she had ever had, very light breading in Mom's words, you want to taste the fish not just breading so this really was a big hit with her, she was not crazy about the cheesy hashbrowns only because they were not hot, she said had they been served hotter she would have loved them but they missed the mark because they were not. My sister had the hot beef sandwich - LOVED IT, real mashed potatoes although she and I had the same compalint as Mom about the potatoes, they were not hot when they came to the table, we should have said something then but didn't. Note to all restaurants, people generally like food to be hot. But, eventhough we had that minor complaint, I will definately be back to Wiltse's, our waitress was very nice, she was really busy and hustled like crazy, I do wish she would have come back to the table to ask how everything was. Do check out Wilte's but if the food is lukewarm or cold send it back (nicely), then I bet you won't have a thing to complain about. Oh, by the way eventhough I did not try the beer, I did try the homeade root beer OMG - that was fabulous, if you like root beer give it a try!

• Visited October 2012
Warren, MI
“Good food, pricey!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went for lunch on Saturday, the food was very good, but the prices were very high, especially for the area. I was disappointed they did not offer any lunch specials, so the price tag for the 4 of us (without alcohol or dessert) was over $100. I loved the cheese-filled hot pretzel bites for the appetizer, the salads were very fresh. It took a very long time to receive our meals after the salads, strange since it was not very busy there. I was disappointed in the bread, the rolls looked home-made, but they were very hard, obviously reheated too many times. I had perch, which was OK, my husband enjoyed his Thai chicken, but thought it was too mild. My sister enjoyed her sirloin tips with mushrooms, actually took home some leftovers; and my brother-in-law gobbled down his reuben sandwich. I will go back, but not very often because of the high cost.

2 Thank cherpep
Canaan Valley, West Virginia
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had planned to have dinner at Wiltse's because of the reviews. The service was friendly and efficient. The blooming onion was delicious. My pan-fried walleye was very good and the baked potato just the right size. My husband had the shrimp scampi -- tasty jumbo shrimp but the cook has to learn and understand the concept of al dente pasta. Nice local restaurant.

detroit
“Good lunch and beer”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have been to this brewpub a few times. The food has always been good, and the beers are excellent. We were in for lunch today, and had a black and blue burger, a cheeses steak wrap with a blue ox stout. The service was friendly and quick.